New Name: PJ Fleck Being Vetted

Fleck got prison raped by Harbaugh this year. This year! How good was his football team really?
This year? They weren’t good. Partly because of all the talent that they lost of the 2019 team and also because they had a lot of opt outs. Last year when they went 11-2, they were very good.

The only reason people don’t like him is because he uses cliches and that reminds them of Butch. His record speaks for itself.

That doesn’t really bother me. I haven’t listened to a press conference or sit down coach interview in about 5-7 years. No matter the coach, it’s all calculated coach speak and they never really reveal anything noteworthy. And if they do I will read it on VN anyway

Reactions: USF grad in TN
Who says Texas has more resources? Who knows what resources Tennessee has beyond pure speculation, Texas is gum on the bottom of our shoe, if we wanted to win we'd get the very best option available and that was Urban Meyer, at least take a run at him all he can do is say no, and if I remember correctly he was saying how good the Tennessee job would be during his commentating, dont think I ever heard him mention Texas, that may not mean anything but it could have, too late now.

Do a little research before posting. Texas is the richest college program in history and it is not debatable. Their Athletic Dept. received triple in donations than ours did in 2019 and probably more than triple in 2020 as those numbers aren’t public yet. Seriously do a little research because it is free.

PJ’s record on examination is not that bad. He went from 1-11 in his first year at Western Michigan to 13-1 in year 4. That’s pretty impressive, and he has done a similar thing at Minn. If you can go 11-2 at a school like Minnesota, you can coach.

No doubt. My buddy from WMU loves him for that turnaround.

Reactions: VolLaw03
I don’t think so, but it doesn’t matter what you or I think. our new AD will make the decision and I will support his decision.
I agree with that but if he was the hire I would have to watch quietly and see because when I look at the balance of Minnesota's offense I just see Butch Jones stats and it scares me. So it would not be a hire I could get on board with right away. That is just my opinion about it and I know it don't mean much but I just see a run heavy offense and I do not want a run heavy offense they do not work no more and the talent on defense in the SEC would eat us alive so no I could be on board with it right away.

I agree with that but if he was the hire I would have to watch quietly and see because when I look at the balance of Minnesota's offense I just see Butch Jones stats and it scares me. So it would not be a hire I could get on board with right away. That is just my opinion about it and I know it don't mean much but I just see a run heavy offense and I do not want a run heavy offense they do not work no more and the talent on defense in the SEC would eat us alive so no I could be on board with it right away.

I guess he is out then. No way Danny White hires him if some anonymous poster on VN cannot get on board right away. Danny is probably off to interview the other coaches that have rebuilt 2 programs in less than a decade at places that Saban would have trouble winning at.

Reactions: Vollifer1949
Do a little research before posting. Texas is the richest college program in history and it is not debatable. Their Athletic Dept. received triple in donations than ours did in 2019 and probably more than triple in 2020 as those numbers aren’t public yet. Seriously do a little research because it is free.

Notre Dame is probably the richest in history. They have a national fan base of Catholics buying their merchandise. In recent times, Texas A&M actually takes in more money than Texas because the SEC makes more money than the Big 12 by a big margin.

Fleck is Butch 2.0 IMO. Maybe he'll be better but he's got the same weird enthusiastic yet robotic personality and too much with the catchphrases.

Not to be brash, but its branding 101. Traditions alone aren’t enough to sustain enthusiasm at most institutions.. and most have no issues with them if a school is winning.

Reactions: Border Vol
Notre Dame is probably the richest in history. They have a national fan base of Catholics buying their merchandise. In recent times, Texas A&M actually takes in more money than Texas because the SEC makes more money than the Big 12 by a big margin.

Texas broke their own record for profits in a college athletic dept in 2019 which was $112 mil plus.

Reactions: Perspective
Fleck who be the best choice of the three. Don't care for silly slogans after Butch, but I can learn to put up with it.

Reactions: bpalmer28

VN Store

Back