Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
ESPN article about how he turned around Iowa St. I like this excerpt:

When the job opened up a year later, the idea of taking the Cyclones from "the laughingstock of college football," as he often put it, to a place of national relevance appealed to him.

"There was a lot of hard road and a lot of tough waters that we had to start back over, clean up and get aligned," Campbell said.

Welp I’ve convinced myself he’s the only guy for the job.
He is man. He is the guy. Really hope he takes it

I don’t care if the AD was hired yesterday. We can’t even get an ounce of info form our insiders who were so excited. Tells me things may not be going as they hoped.

Wrong. It’s the opposite. If we whiffed on our top target That would leak. No news is great news.
Let the pros do their work. We good.....

-Brice

If it’s Fleck or Dykes.....yikes.
Told y’all. No news in this case is and news. Fleck will be a disaster and nobody wants to hea this butchisms. Tony Elliot is the only name on there I think I could rally behind. Hate to tell y’all but we have once again acted too high and mighty for the Kiffins and Freezes of the world and it’s going to bite us.

Fleck or Campbell would be the program builders we really need in Knoxville. At worst they would lay a foundation, but I think they can do so much more. Either is a win.
Fleck is bringing really good talent to Minnesota, think he’s recruit lights out here. Wonder if he’s as good of a developer as Campbell though.

Fleck is Butch. Look at the record. One flash year in Big 10 is not on par with Butch’s back to back 9 win seasons in SEC. Plus, we’d have to deal with marketing catch phrases again.

Love for Fleck is crazy

I don’t care if the AD was hired yesterday. We can’t even get an ounce of info form our insiders who were so excited. Tells me things may not be going as they hoped.
Or the insiders are abiding by the confidentiality that DW is putting into place. Don't think the "old" Tennessee rumor mill in in operation.

Reactions: tkobeck
Fleck is a program and culture builder and a winner.

I want Campbell. I would take Fleck if he turned us down.

I think Fleck is too much like Butch Jones.

Might be a better coach but the whole cliche’s act got real tiresome after a while.

I don’t think he’d be a good fit here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back