Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine at the press conference today when they start asking him about the next head coach he was in the press pool wearing a fake beard and sunglasses. White said "What do you think Coach? Should we let them in on the secret?"
Maybe Kiffin will be at the presser with an Ole Miss hat and Tennessee hat on the table in front of him

i doubt he leaves in the middle of the night twice. USC was his dream job, they won’t hire him again. There’s no where else to go besides there. And if we’re worrying about him leaving for alabama when saban retires then we’ve done really well in the mean time and he was worth it
If we hire him it will be the 2nd time he's left a team in the middle of the night after 1 season. So...

They were completely lost on the AD hire. They don’t know white. They obviously had no idea where plowman and Boyd were going. Their list just felt like the standard guess candidates.

Access journalists who no longer have access. I’m ok with that after AP’s shenanigans carrying water for Pruitt.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
I get the Kiffin thing and all. But I 100% don't really buy it happening. For 1 thing they just extended and apparently his buyout is super high. But I really don't get people saying he's grown up and learned from what he did to us, then hoping he does exactly the same thing to ole miss. Go there for 1 year, do a mediocre job record wise but make it exciting enough to make people think big things are coming. Then sneak off to his "dream" job in January. I like Kiffin I just don't see it as a homerun hire for any of the right reasons.

I was actually going to post this very thing. I would love to have him but if he bolts Ole Miss after 1 year right before signing day because he's in love with another school has he really "matured"? Life is not a video game...you can't just reload a save game after a mistake. He will have to right his wrongs at ole miss and, imo, that's as close as he will ever get to the Tennessee job.

Reactions: Sleegro and RiotVol
If we hire him it will be the 2nd time he's left a team in the middle of the night after 1 season. So...
Then hire Tee Martin. He’s an alumni and will never leave. Be the guy who has an ugly girlfriend because he’s so scared of getting cheated on by an attractive one lol. **** that get the prom queen.

Reactions: reeceb73
If AV says the best is yet to come then I think it’s either Lane, Campbell, or Freeze. I feel like those 3 are the only candidates that will really excite the fan base

If we a are cleaning house Freeze isn't coming. I guarantee you Plowman isn't even going to touch Coaches with past present or future baggage.

Reactions: RiotVol
They were completely lost on the AD hire. They don’t know white. They obviously had no idea where plowman and Boyd were going. Their list just felt like the standard guess candidates.

I think it’s just the cool thing to rag in VQ at moment but they have shown over time that they will get the information. It takes time when a change happens so yes info is tight lipped and most info they have to pull from talking to people and connecting dots right now but once White and new Hc get in place VQ will be the ones getting the info. It happens everytime because they have proven to multiple coaches they can be trusted with info and when to release it. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that he has heard Whites name behind closed doors and was asked to keep shut until things were final. White name was circulating all morning according to Josh pate so that tells me 247 and likely VQ had been hearing all of it and asked to stay silent. They aren’t like Trey Wallace and Tony B that run mouth about everything they hear.

So, since we seem to be pretty far down the road towards hiring a great HC to go with our great new AD, I'm looking forward to turning over a new leaf for this thread as well.

At what point do we start "Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV"?
  • After HC announced, before Press Conference
  • After HC announced, after Press Conference
  • After OC/DC announced?
  • After NSD?
  • Other?

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back