Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could it be sure...... But Basillio in his blogin his blog pointed out Kiffin reached out this week..... He has also said Kiffin reached out the day Pruitt is fired. He has been spot on so far with his information.

Ok so a poster made fun of me for not getting any sleep a few days back.

you sir need a nap

Well they had absolutely no clue about the AD hire so I wouldn’t bank on their info very much for this coaching hire

This right here! I give it a 65/35 chance that the coaching hire may be someone that VQ and others aren't even talking about and heck it may not even be someone we are necessarily talking about. I have no problem with this happening as long as it is as high quality of a hire as the one we just made for AD.

Hubbs and VQ either have no idea because they are out at the moment of close contacts in the AD or they are running interference and misdirection for the real hire.
They were completely lost on the AD hire. They don’t know white. They obviously had no idea where plowman and Boyd were going. Their list just felt like the standard guess candidates.

The idea of Kiffin is growing on me, but I don’t hate the idea of Neal Brown either. Cristobal and Fickell too.

Two other REALLY out of the box names I haven’t seen mentioned are Geoff Collins at GT and Jeff Hafley at BC. Young guys who are great recruiters...I think both are defensive guys though.

Reactions: ATC_VOL and Sleegro
This list is MehVille.
I dont think they really know what White's list actually looks like. I do think if that list is accurate then Napier and Kiffin stand out. I think Tony Elliott is going to be a star and he recruits Atlanta and Florida for Clemson and has cleaned up there the last few years.

Reactions: HankHill
4utmfi.jpg

I get the Kiffin thing and all. But I 100% don't really buy it happening. For 1 thing they just extended and apparently his buyout is super high. But I really don't get people saying he's grown up and learned from what he did to us, then hoping he does exactly the same thing to ole miss. Go there for 1 year, do a mediocre job record wise but make it exciting enough to make people think big things are coming. Then sneak off to his "dream" job in January. I like Kiffin I just don't see it as a homerun hire for any of the right reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back