Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
We begin this edition of the War Room as we always do. The War Room is a collective effort of notes and news gathered throughout the week by Brent, Rob, and Austin that is located only on the General's Quarters. And now, it's on with the news.

Man, don’t do the whole thing. Hubbs and those guys livelihood is based on the premium content. Share some, not The whole thing. Not cool IMO.

AV has said it’s going to be a current sitting HC. Throw away all those OC names out the window. That’s just not happening. Danny White knows this hire will either make him an instant legend or a dud
Obviously this is a different situation but he's never hired a head coach that had division 1 head coaching experience. Just an interesting fact. I don't think it's an indication either way but I wouldn't rule out anyone yet. And yes I know who AV is and think he's connected. I just don't think a decision was made before white was hired.

If it was made some over eager crack pot would leak it for 2$ and a pixie stick
Now, with White being hired today and interviewed last night, it’s more than plausible the agreement has been reached. He’s not sitting on his hands just bc he hasn’t touched down in Knoxville yet. It was reported (or at least speculated that he knew a few coaches that indicated they’d come if asked. Probably was mentioned in interview. Now that he’s been hired, I’d be willing to wager he’s been burning up the phones and has his man.

Once again PJ Fleck checks all the boxes. I'm surprised I haven't seen his name on any lists. Come to think of it that may be a good thing with this search. He's gonna get his chance at somewhere other than Minnesota and he's going to shine.
What kind of offense does he run?

Last edited:
I just hope they don't let it grow to Gruden proportions so that people are disappointed with the choice. I don't really like him but can imagine the excitement he would bring. But maybe they do want more of a CEO. I just want to score points and win.
I made up my mind that I am not going to do that. I trust that White knows how to hire a good coach and build a solid program...Whoever he picks, even if it is somebody I wouldn't have wanted or thought of myself...I am going to just trust he made a good hire and support the guy till he proves himself one way or the other.

Obviously this is a different situation but he's never hired a head coach that had division 1 head coaching experience. Just an interesting fact. I don't think it's an indication either way but I wouldn't rule out anyone yet. And yes I know who AV is and think he's connected. I just don't think a decision was made before white was hired.
I was thinking it was more of a "we have these guys willing to come so who do you want" kind of thing since he said they have been working on it for weeks.

I made up my mind that I am not going to do that. I trust that White knows how to hire a good coach and build a solid program...Whoever he picks, even if it is somebody I wouldn't have wanted or thought of myself...I am going to just trust he made a good hire and support the guy till he proves himself one way or the other.
Wise words McGill. We’ve got to give him a chance. I’m right there with you.

15 long years of hell will do that to you..I am a Vol no matter what happens. I hope things are really changing...we will soon see...but my doubts are starting to melt away. I just can't take being gutted anymore.
I’ve been a Tennessee fan for a long time. I can remember listening to the games on the radio because back then college football was hardly ever on tv.I’m talking about before John Ward,probably Lindsay Nelson.Always have been a Vol fan and will be til I die!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back