Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t trust anything they put out regarding this hire. They had no clue on who the AD would be. Heck even you didn’t know who the AD was going to be.

It’s really close to vest. And No I didn’t. I am thrilled though. It’s going to go fast so have your ears to the ground.

Never had any inside info and probably never will just connecting the dots, you don’t pay a $2.5mil buyout for an AD then pay him $1.8per to hire someone like Napier or Chadwell or even Kiffin for that matter and guys like Fleck and Campbell don’t feel like great fits here.
Campbell is a real F'n football coach..how in the hell is that "not a good fit" here?

I get so sick of seeing that statement...it makes no damn sense anymore.

I don't care if the next dude is green with orange hair and a Russian accent as long as he can freakin coach football players and win games.

Brent Hubbs, saying basically he knows nothing
"The coaches mentioned in the war room are just some names we are hearing tonight from various people. Mentioned those names because everyone was asking for names so we put some in there.

As I said in the war room, if the Vols are going to pay big money then who knows what this list will look like. Also who wants this job.

There will be more names to add and many to subtract moving forward. These are just some names we have heard thrown about."

If AV says the best is yet to come then I think it’s either Lane, Campbell, or Freeze. I feel like those 3 are the only candidates that will really excite the fan base
Only downside to kiffen is they may inadvertently push some fans away. I don't care who the coach is... I just want something to root for.

I may have missed it or misinterpreted it, but when did @Atlanta VOL say the hire was made already ? I feel like his posts have indicated he knows the candidates we have targeted and we will be happy with any of them. Same with AD. AV probably knew order of candidates on a short list and what potential coaches each candidate would draw. He was confident we would get our first choice (assumed to be White) but knew Ingram or whomever else was on the list would be a big hire. Now that we have our home run AD, AV knows the short list of home runs White could grab up.

Again, I could be way off. Just a guess.

Brent Hubbs, saying basically he knows nothing
"The coaches mentioned in the war room are just some names we are hearing tonight from various people. Mentioned those names because everyone was asking for names so we put some in there.

As I said in the war room, if the Vols are going to pay big money then who knows what this list will look like. Also who wants this job.

There will be more names to add and many to subtract moving forward. These are just some names we have heard thrown about."

Who are the names being thrown around?

I may have missed it or misinterpreted it, but when did @Atlanta VOL say the hire was made already ? I feel like his posts have indicated he knows the candidates we have targeted and we will be happy with any of them. Same with AD. AV probably knew order of candidates on a short list and what potential coaches each candidate would draw. He was confident we would get our first choice (assumed to be White) but knew Ingram or whomever else was on the list would be a big hire. Now that we have our home run AD, AV knows the short list of home runs White could grab up.

Again, I could be way off. Just a guess.

If it was made some over eager crack pot would leak it for 2$ and a pixie stick

Reactions: Geronimo
I and many others did as well, we know AV likes to have his fun, and I would be thrilled with it, but I don't think its him.
I just hope they don't let it grow to Gruden proportions so that people are disappointed with the choice. I don't really like him but can imagine the excitement he would bring. But maybe they do want more of a CEO. I just want to score points and win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back