Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn‘t it glaringly obvious that the table is set for Gus? The Lane train might be trending, but could the Gus bus be headed into Knoxville? Asking for a friend....

I feel sorry for VQ..... we may or may not reach out..... Lane may or may not listen..... Brian White May or may not have had a good relationship with him.

They’re definitely in the dark about everything going on.

But since people are paying, they still have to push out information.

I like Hubbs and Price, but you never really learn anything new from them.

Reactions: Volator
Thanks @Freak for making this site especially this thread in the recruiting forum. For years, I watched the Football Forum threads but now I have to check the recruiting forum daily and just go to one thread. Excited to see where this coaching search goes. With the AD hire things are already looking up. I feel like all of our sports teams could be on the verge of greatness quickly with the right leadership. Boys basketball offense will grow as the season goes and hopefully make a serious run. Barnes is doing a great job developing. Girls basketball will learn how to close games out soon. Last night's UCONN game they led until the last 6 minutes. Kelly will have them there. I have started watching volleyball too as my daughter is starting to hone in her skills there. Football in all areas with the proper leadership and work ethic can make quick turn arounds. For once in a long time I feel we are moving in the right directions.

There is no proof that Frost can win big at Tenn. Big 10 is not the SEC and he cant win there. That would be a big let down if he was the name.
While I would agree that it would be a little bit of a letdown, I don’t think you have seen what @I4Jay is saying. Frost can’t recruit the same kind of players at Nebraska, because they are in the crappy Big Ten, as he was recruiting at UCF. He is failing because he can’t get the type of players there to run his system. I think he thought that he would be able to sell the traditions of Nebraska to get them there, but it’s not working. However, Think about him at Tennessee… Not only could he sell the traditions and national championships, but we are in the most elite conference in the country and are televised every single game to a national audience. It would be much easier to get the type of guys he needs at TN versus at Nebraska. It is just some outside thoughts that I haven’t seen discussed about potential coaching candidates. I find a hard time believing frost would leave his alma mater to come here, but it might be worth considering.

Fleck’s whipping boy (HankHill) will be by here to reprimand you soon enough.
Yeah, someone kept wanting to have a deep dive conversation (argument) with me the other day about how Fleck's slogan of "row the boat" was more meaningful than "brick by brick" and "Champions of Life" and "Turnover Trashcan".

giphy.gif

Reactions: TurnoverTrashCan
Still pushing that old tit. Steele isn't going to keep anyone from transferring. Hiring him was a weird move.

I think the strategy was correct. Hire someone from outside that you trust to attempt to hold it together. Let’s face it: Ansley and Chaney are looking for jobs and they won’t be interested in keeping kids. We are paying Steele basically peanuts considering what has been discussed for the new coach. Plowman has a doctorate in strategic management. I think she thought through it.

OK, I am fully convinced it is not Kiffin. There’s just way too much smoke and fire around him. The A.D. search should tell us that the head coach search will be very tightlipped. When the name starts to leak that we are going to hire, he will probably be announced within less than 24 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back