RUMOR - Not Verified but plausible ...

If all of these rumors of cash to players is true, and has caused multiple coaches to be fired, isn't that going to cause some players to be disqualified when the truth is revealed? I haven't heard a single word in this regard. I don't see how you have proof to fire coaches, but no proof of the players. Anyone have some insight on this?

No we’ve handled that by telling them they are no longer welcome and their punishment will be another schools problem, if they even get that chance.

This doesn’t make sense. He was not to quit mid season. Maybe at the end of the season you pay him but why pay someone mid season when they can’t leave at that point.

I am not sure that was him. It was play calling. Players have strengths, Henry wasn't a coverage linebacker. Coaches should have brought up safety to support.
In most of those quick slant ins from the slot or wideout Henry had the responsibility of that coverage while the DB had outside containment clearly. Now why Henry missed the adjust so often certainly can be up for discussion.

Word going around that Henry T was giving approx $50K to stay mid season during current season . Unsure how accurate if at all but at this point it would not be surprising .

Our players are paying this much just to play here? No wonder we sugg so bad.

The single most overrated player I've seen here. He was good but nowhere near as good as the talk about him. Over pursued, missed tackles and honestly just never looked like a LB IMO.

I think a lot of that is the Vol Vacuum that HT is in. When you suck as bad as Vandy, and some player gets a Fr Award, then the media has to latch on to some kind of hype to keep the pre$$es running. Going and losing 10# in the off season, when you're about already 20# shy of an ILB in Pruitts system didn't help much either.

Reactions: OllVol and VAVol85
Like I said ... it hasn’t been verified at all but that’s the word being released ... and with us getting hit with 50 violations and tons of Level 1 violations ... I can see it being true

50 violations? Apparently I'm not keeping up.

It hasn't been verified because it isn't true. Check on Guarantano getting 1 M for completing the season for me will you.
I never said cuz he was leaving mid season... said $ was given mid season to make sure he did stay .and your comments are literally a dick move and pointless. But we welcome your wonderful opinion

Maybe I’m naive but if we’re playing dudes 50k in the middle of the season not to transfer it kinda makes me hate this team even more. Makes me hate Pruitt’s operation even more?

Don’t believe everything you hear on message boards

Word going around that Henry T was giving approx $50K to stay mid season during current season . Unsure how accurate if at all but at this point it would not be surprising .

Does anybody have any input on where this money given to players came from? I don't see how we found out if it was money from outside sources, but I don't know where they could dig it up and attempt to hide from normal budget sources. Really want some details.

Reactions: ArdentVol
I hated to see him go when I first heard it but now I say good riddance and don't let the door hit you on the way out! Nothing new here but the whole college football system is rotten and corrupt to the core. I dunno what could be done to fix it. Nothing probably. And of course we're going to be at the bottom for another 10 years.
What exactly are you not ok with: 1) Guys getting paid (which has always been happening)? 2) UT getting outbid for talent? 3) UT cheating and still being bad?

VN Store

Back