RUMOR - Not Verified but plausible ...

That’s the real reason Pruitt went to visit him. “Henry, I need to borrow some of dat cash you done got. I’m gonna be having no job soon. Aight?”

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
I liked the way Henry played but I've said it all season...inability to cover the slant that everyone jokes about...most of time that was Henry's responsibility and he missed it almost every time. I do wish the kid well and hope all this "gossip" is just that but nowadays the unthinkable can happen...just look at our country and I guess we know that now.

Reactions: Sin City Vol
Start holding the students just as accountable as the coaches, ban them from playing college ball, and then maybe they will think long and hard about school choice and if they take money. Deterrence works in most instances got to set the example. This applies to coaches as well. Ridding schools of scholarships and BS bowl bans changes nothing. Big deal, UT misses out on the music city bowl.

James Wiseman, Memphis, basketball was suspended 12 games and told to give the 11,000 that his family received to charity. He said heck with that and went pro.

Reactions: Wireless1
The single most overrated player I've seen here. He was good but nowhere near as good as the talk about him. Over pursued, missed tackles and honestly just never looked like a LB IMO.

Reactions: Sin City Vol
James Wiseman, Memphis, basketball was suspended 12 games and told to give the 11,000 that his family received to charity. He said heck with that and went pro.
easier to go pro in basketball than it is in football. NFL requires an individual 3 years removed from high school. Also, let's not forget the size and skill factors of a highschool kid vs. that of an NFL pro are significantly different than that of an NBA pro and High Schooler. Also, I am not talking about games suspension I am talking about never playing college ball again. This will teach kids that choices have consequences and they need to take their future seriously if the NFL is their ultimate goal.

I guess you have to pay extra to get the linebackers to cover the slant, gets a little bouncy in there,

I think we now know why Pruitt was so successful in getting commits in the Spring of 2020 recruiting and at one time had a top 3 class, depending on who you listen to

Wonder how many bags that took

Reactions: guido4198
If all of these rumors of cash to players is true, and has caused multiple coaches to be fired, isn't that going to cause some players to be disqualified when the truth is revealed? I haven't heard a single word in this regard. I don't see how you have proof to fire coaches, but no proof of the players. Anyone have some insight on this?

When the NCAA went after Ole Miss for paying recruits they offered immunity to players that would tell them how they were paid, who was paying them, and who in the administration knew about it. The NCAA doesn’t have subpoena power so in a lot of cases they have to cut deals to get information about what happened. Same thing might happen with our players.

His performance dropped off as the season went on. Maybe he wasn’t bought it?

I liked the way Henry played but I've said it all season...inability to cover the slant that everyone jokes about...most of time that was Henry's responsibility and he missed it almost every time. I do wish the kid well and hope all this "gossip" is just that but nowadays the unthinkable can happen...just look at our country and I guess we know that now.

I am not sure that was him. It was play calling. Players have strengths, Henry wasn't a coverage linebacker. Coaches should have brought up safety to support.

50k to help beat a D2 scholarship level Vandy team.......and lose the rest by a lot?

Sounds like this previous Tennessee staff......I can buy it.

VN Store

Back