RUMOR - Not Verified but plausible ...

Word going around that Henry T was giving approx $50K to stay mid season during current season . Unsure how accurate if at all but at this point it would not be surprising .
If true, he will be ineligible until he pays back the money to the NCAA if the NCAA follows precedent, correct?

I hated to see him go when I first heard it but now I say good riddance and don't let the door hit you on the way out! Nothing new here but the whole college football system is rotten and corrupt to the core. I dunno what could be done to fix it. Nothing probably. And of course we're going to be at the bottom for another 10 years.
You know college has been my go to since I gave up pro NFL with all the silly social agenda they've been pushing the last 2 years. And now looks like college is getting as hard to follow with the new rules allowing some to be paid $$$,/ constant transfers from one team to another/players turning pro after 1 season etc.

Reactions: Lovnrockytop
College players have been getting paid at UT and nearly every competitive school for a long time. If this is news to you, welcome to the real world.

Reactions: Sandman 423
Is it against NCAA rules for a "fan" to give gifts to players? Gifts that do not come from the school?

Word going around that Henry T was giving approx $50K to stay mid season during current season . Unsure how accurate if at all but at this point it would not be surprising .
Does a player not have to be eligible to enter the transfer portal?

Maybe I’m naive but if we’re playing dudes 50k in the middle of the season not to transfer it kinda makes me hate this team even more. Makes me hate Pruitt’s operation even more?
Yep. All the more reason for chancellor to come out aggressive in presser. Hiding or watering down won’t help our case now that it’s out. Only 2 ways to play it...denial denial (LSU) which works sometimes, or admit and self punish. I’ve got a feeling Pruitt arrogance to chancellor got them pissed...plus sucking while cheating.

I'm wondering if we had just paid him 60k would that have bought a little better pass coverage?:)
Probably a good reason some top guys left not to get caught up in happy meals.

When coaches or players commit L1 violations and leave their team they need the baggage to follow them

Reactions: SpookyAction
if he took money why does the ncaa not hold player accountable for their actions

I guarantee you he will be. The NCAA has already said they are shifting more towards holding Coach's and Players more responsible.

What exactly are you not ok with: 1) Guys getting paid (which has always been happening)? 2) UT getting outbid for talent? 3) UT cheating and still being bad?

Mostly # 1. Not happy with the hypocrisy of the whole thing. Most of the people involved always have big smiles, shake hands and go to church on Sunday like everything's grand. I suppose the easy answer is just to pay these athletes and be done with it but that's almost too easy.

Reactions: volsack

Happened. But that wasn't the most recent payment either.

What exactly are you not ok with: 1) Guys getting paid (which has always been happening)? 2) UT getting outbid for talent? 3) UT cheating and still being bad?
Still being bad. That's just bad coaching.

Mostly # 1. Not happy with the hypocrisy of the whole thing. Most of the people involved always have big smiles, shake hands and go to church on Sunday like everything's grand. I suppose the easy answer is just to pay these athletes and be done with it but that's almost too easy.
That won't fix the issue. Schools will "supplement" any pay the NCAA allows, so schools will still be trying to outbid each other.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN

VN Store

Back