Basillo: Lane Kiffin wants to come home

Would Kiffin accept the job if offered?

• Yes

Votes: 124 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 23.5%

• Total voters
White should shut his a$$ down with a statement that the Vols aren't interested.

Like others have said, just trolling the fan base and angling for putting more money in his pocket even though he just signed a new contract with Ole Miss.

Past time to stop letting some of these coaches use fake interest in the Vols as leverage.

If lane comes back......he will be stuck at Tennessee until “Tennessee” decides this time.

It would seem like career suicide........unless it works and he stays at Tennessee for quite a while.

Reactions: Vols1313
Up front I agree that it is probably a bogus rumor. Yes, if real, would feel a bit slimy for going that route. But would be intrigued by what a Kiffen offense matched with a Steele defense would be able to do on the field and the recruiting trail. Now, having actually taken the time to type this it occurs to me that I have some form of PTSD from the last few decades of watching our football teams struggles, despite having been a loyal fan since 1965.....

If we don't hire him, I expect Ole Miss will run the score way up on us next season. I mean more than the usual 40 that always gets hung on us.

It's ok in my book to not want him bc you don't think he is elite. But it's way passed time to get over how he left. We should all have one goal when it comes to this program. To win football games. That's it. If he can help make that happen then come on down.

Yeah, there are no guarantees in life, but I would so much rather be swinging for the fences than trying to have a "safe" hire, whatever that is. You either win the championship or you lost.

Reactions: Volbackhomefromtx
I would be surprised if we went in the direction of Kiffin without an insurance policy in place. To be honest, I don't want him. I'll go out on a limb and say after the way he left, if we had a winning program, ya'll wouldn't want him either. We're desperate, that's the problem....a starving fanbase!

I don’t understand why some think people cannot change throughout their lives. Yes we all know what he did. 12 years ago. I mean sheesh are any of you more mature than you were 12 years ago?

Also, how does anyone know that Land doesn’t really WANT the job? I mean really wants to be the guy that builds TN back into a powerhouse again? If he does really want it, then that goes a long way. It’s different when a coach really wants a job as opposed to just wanting a paycheck. I think that’s why he is at OM. Just for a paycheck.

I don’t think anyone can disagree that the beat on field coaching we have seen at TN in a long time was in 2009 under Kiffin. Think about it. It took Terrance Cody having the game of his life for the undefeated, eventual NC Bama to beat us.

I would be surprised if we went in the direction of Kiffin without an insurance policy in place. To be honest, I don't want him. I'll go out on a limb and say after the way he left, if we had a winning program, ya'll wouldn't want him either. We're desperate, that's the problem....a starving fanbase!
Tell 'em how thirsty they are, Sara!

...but if we did hire him, his buyout should be
giphy.gif

If we had a winning program we wouldn’t be looking for a HC. Yes we are desperate. You make it sound like we really have a ton of choices and can be picky with HCs. Remember, Kiffin knows what it’s like to coach a team that was racked with violations. He did that when he took over at USC. And there aren’t that many offensive minds better than Kiffin.

Do yall seriously not realize what caused ALLLLLLLLL of this crap. I mean our AD didnt help anything in 2009 but jesus. Its not like were talking about hiring Saban or Bellicheck here. Is he a good offensive coach? Ofcourse, thats not worth restarting this 12 year disaster we've been dealing with since he rolled out last time though. If he would leave ole miss like a thief in the night what makes you think for a second he wouldnt do it to us. He 100% would just for the Trolling he could do on twitter alone lol...... and rightfully so. We're gluttons for punishment

If we had a winning program we wouldn’t be looking for a HC. Yes we are desperate. You make it sound like we really have a ton of choices and can be picky with HCs. Remember, Kiffin knows what it’s like to coach a team that was racked with violations. He did that when he took over at USC. And there aren’t that many offensive minds better than Kiffin.
My comment in No way indicated or sounded like we have a ton of choices. But yes, it's high time, we be picky!

VN Store

Back