Basillo: Lane Kiffin wants to come home

Would Kiffin accept the job if offered?

• Yes

Votes: 124 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 23.5%

• Total voters
We should have hire him 3 years ago instead of the Gump.
It's ok in my book to not want him bc you don't think he is elite. But it's way passed time to get over how he left. We should all have one goal when it comes to this program. To win football games. That's it. If he can help make that happen then come on down.

Basillo went on the on air (1/18) and stated:

"Lane Kiffin has reached out to our booster base and made it clear he wants the job."

"I was told this today at 2:49 p.m. by a booster. He said Lane called as soon as soon as it was official."

TIFWIW...

Maybe AD White can get it done ??
What does “big Vol Daddy” think about Lane MF Kiffin?

2008 Phil fired Kiffin hired
2021 Phil fired again Kiffin...
jurassicpark3.gif

I truly hope Basillo is right, my gut tells me Lane would love to come back. But I have no inside just taking in his comments toward UT and putting things together in my head makes me think he would prefer to be at Tennessee. GBO!!!!

Reactions: Truth is honor
He would be a good coach here. He recruits well, can get a good staff and has matured a lot since being here. He and Freeze would be good choices although both have some baggage. I don't want a just a "safe" squeaky clean" coach. I want to win some championships again. Skrew the big mouth media pukes.

White has had good success at UCF and is probably a good hire as AD. I hope he doesn't get influenced by the idiots who have made a total mess of UTAD lately.

I can see him doing the same thing to Ole Miss as he did to us.

If he is advocating himself for the job at UT, he hasn't changed. He's done it before (to us), apparently would be willing to do it again (to Ole Miss). Why wouldn't he do it a 3rd time (us again), if we hired him away from Mississippi?

That's not even mentioning the shady crap he and his staff pulled on us as they were heading out the door.

It's like an ex who who left for one of your buddies, then did it again to another guy later on. Would you give her another chance when she realizes you were better than them in the first place? Have a little dignity. . .
I actually thinks he wants to prove to everyone he can get it done and he actually feels remorseful in how it went down. We was his first love and he wants us back. Lol

VN Store

Back