Would Kiffin accept the job if offered?

• Yes

Votes: 124 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 23.5%

• Total voters

Honky

Basillo went on the on air (1/18) and stated:

"Lane Kiffin has reached out to our booster base and made it clear he wants the job."

"I was told this today at 2:49 p.m. by a booster. He said Lane called as soon as soon as it was official."

TIFWIW...

Maybe AD White can get it done ??

Basillo went on the on air (1/18) and stated:

"Lane Kiffin has reached out to our booster base and made it clear he wants the job."

"I was told this today at 2:49 p.m. by a booster. He said Lane called as soon as soon as it was official."

TIFWIW...

Maybe AD White can get it done ??
Lane is headed back to USC? :p

Last edited:
I can see him doing the same thing to Ole Miss as he did to us.

If he is advocating himself for the job at UT, he hasn't changed. He's done it before (to us), apparently would be willing to do it again (to Ole Miss). Why wouldn't he do it a 3rd time (us again), if we hired him away from Mississippi?

That's not even mentioning the shady crap he and his staff pulled on us as they were heading out the door.

It's like an ex who who left for one of your buddies, then did it again to another guy later on. Would you give her another chance when she realizes you were better than them in the first place? Have a little dignity. . .

Last edited:

If he is advocating himself for the job at UT, he hasn't changed. He's done it before (to us), apparently would be willing to do it again (to Ole Miss). Why wouldn't he do it a 3rd time (us again), if we hired him away from Mississippi?
No. Lane has made it very clear he left and the grass was not greener. Often says he would do things differently now and would've never left.

He is worth the gamble

If you even entertain the option of letting Kiffin come back to UT, you have to word the contract in UTs favor. You have to let him know up front that

1) He will not have a buyout clause.
2) He will owe UT a pre-determined amount of money when leaving. Hopefully worded to include the entire amount of his salary from the point of hire to the point of departure
3) Putting out feelers or entertaining any new employment, while at UT, is an immediate Breach of Contract with possibility of fine or termination

VN Store

Back