Basillo: Lane Kiffin wants to come home

Would Kiffin accept the job if offered?

• Yes

Votes: 124 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 23.5%

• Total voters
Do yall seriously not realize what caused ALLLLLLLLL of this crap. I mean our AD didnt help anything in 2009 but jesus. Its not like were talking about hiring Saban or Bellicheck here. Is he a good offensive coach? Ofcourse, thats not worth restarting this 12 year disaster we've been dealing with since he rolled out last time though. If he would leave ole miss like a thief in the night what makes you think for a second he wouldnt do it to us. He 100% would just for the Trolling he could do on twitter alone lol...... and rightfully so. We're gluttons for punishment
You make good points. I remember him standing us up at the prom and trolling us on social media. Some of ya'll addicted to the abuse. BVS is strong.

Do yall seriously not realize what caused ALLLLLLLLL of this crap. I mean our AD didnt help anything in 2009 but jesus. Its not like were talking about hiring Saban or Bellicheck here. Is he a good offensive coach? Ofcourse, thats not worth restarting this 12 year disaster we've been dealing with since he rolled out last time though. If he would leave ole miss like a thief in the night what makes you think for a second he wouldnt do it to us. He 100% would just for the Trolling he could do on twitter alone lol...... and rightfully so. We're gluttons for punishment

Mike Hamilton started it. Plus that was 12 years ago. I guess people cannot change huh?

You can't blame today on something that happened over a decade ago. That's ludicrous. The University had multiple opportunities to get things right. I am not saying Kiffin is the answer. But it's way past time this fan base stopped blaming him for where we are at today.

Basillo went on the on air (1/18) and stated:

"Lane Kiffin has reached out to our booster base and made it clear he wants the job."

"I was told this today at 2:49 p.m. by a booster. He said Lane called as soon as soon as it was official."

TIFWIW...

Maybe AD White can get it done ??
I would like it... but it's hard to believe this will happen because Kiffin left behind an NCAA investigation in Knoxville in his own right. What is the NCAA's Committee on Infractions going to make of us bringing Lane back? They probably remember the Orange Pride situation with Lacey Pearl. Optics are important right now.

You shouldn't get your hopes up for this, guys.

How can we afford to be picky? Especially with sanctions coming down? You don’t think a coach who has dealt with a team that has been punished by the NCAA isn’t an advantage?
We definitely are in a bad position, I don't deny that. Feels worse now than years past.

That's my thoughts, just like Gundy did to us two times.

If Kiffin is for real, I'd put in a 15mil buyout to UT if another job comes his way.

If Peyton is on the search committee??? he'll be a no, because the rest of Peyton's family went to Ole Miss.
If you're that loaded throw some my way

I can see him doing the same thing to Ole Miss as he did to us.

If he is advocating himself for the job at UT, he hasn't changed. He's done it before (to us), apparently would be willing to do it again (to Ole Miss). Why wouldn't he do it a 3rd time (us again), if we hired him away from Mississippi?

That's not even mentioning the shady crap he and his staff pulled on us as they were heading out the door.

It's like an ex who who left for one of your buddies, then did it again to another guy later on. Would you give her another chance when she realizes you were better than them in the first place? Have a little dignity. . .
I can understand your concern, but wouldn't you rather be in Tennessee than freaking Mississippi? He would definitely need a strict contract this time around

Reactions: MaTaLa
Basillo went on the on air (1/18) and stated:

"Lane Kiffin has reached out to our booster base and made it clear he wants the job."

"I was told this today at 2:49 p.m. by a booster. He said Lane called as soon as soon as it was official."

TIFWIW...

Maybe AD White can get it done ??
Not for nothing, I'm done with ANY coach that has worked for or had any association with Saban, even if Kiffin was here first.

Kiffin is the ultimate risk/reward imo.

I think he would Jumpstart our program but if it fails a 2nd time, we somehow look like more of a dumpster fire than we already do.

That said, I would be fine with Kiffin coming back

Its career suicide if he doesn't get it done here.
But he can get it done here, he is a competitor and is smart. If he comes back it is too make it happen, I think the time with Saban helped him round out as a coach overall. Tennessee gives him the resources to get it done and he is more suited to handle it now than he was 12 years ago. I think he wants the Tennessee job, he want take it unless he is 100 all in. I just hope they give him a interview and request one. GBO!

nope, Nope, NOPE

BVS is real. Should we really keep coming back for more? "But he told me loved me ... he's changed ... this time it'll be different."

Everyone remember the “It’s time...2009” Kiffin shirts and slogan? What will the 2021 slogan be?
I threw that shirt away because I was so mad at him. But I think this would be a great hire in 2021. He is one of the most talented offensive coaches in college football. Chaney was his offensive coordinator, so that part is already in place.

VN Store

Back