Basillo: Lane Kiffin wants to come home

Would Kiffin accept the job if offered?

• Yes

Votes: 124 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 23.5%

• Total voters
I can see him doing the same thing to Ole Miss as he did to us.

If he is advocating himself for the job at UT, he hasn't changed. He's done it before (to us), apparently would be willing to do it again (to Ole Miss). Why wouldn't he do it a 3rd time (us again), if we hired him away from Mississippi?

That's not even mentioning the shady crap he and his staff pulled on us as they were heading out the door.

It's like an ex who who left for one of your buddies, then did it again to another guy later on. Would you give her another chance when she realizes you were better than them in the first place? Have a little dignity. . .

100%

Basillo went on the on air (1/18) and stated:

"Lane Kiffin has reached out to our booster base and made it clear he wants the job."

"I was told this today at 2:49 p.m. by a booster. He said Lane called as soon as soon as it was official."

TIFWIW...

Maybe AD White can get it done ??
The top offer should be a 4 year contract for $2 million per year with heavy incentives. I like what Kiffin did coaching the team but what he did probably extended this suffering by years. He also isn't the guy you want when the NCAA is already involved. Remember UT had issues when he left.

No. Lane has made it very clear he left and the grass was not greener. Often says he would do things differently now and would've never left.
Exactly. He found out the grass wasn't greener, now wants what he threw away. He didn't Just leave in the middle of the night, he tried to wreck our team and recruiting class on his exit. . . Just like an ex wanting to come back after she robs you leaving and bangs out a few of your buddies, then realizes she made a big mistake.

If you even entertain the option of letting Kiffin come back to UT, you have to word the contract in UTs favor. You have to let him know up front that

1) He will not have a buyout clause.
2) He will owe UT a pre-determined amount of money when leaving. Hopefully worded to include the entire amount of his salary from the point of hire to the point of departure
3) Putting out feelers or entertaining any new employment, while at UT, is an immediate Breach of Contract with possibility of fine or termination
Then don't call him if that's what you want. He doesn't want to be bent over a table. He knows how it went down. Normal contract with a huge front loaded buyout on his end if he leaves. Decreases each year. Don't need to do anything more then that. Plus I doubt USC is his dream job after the way they dropped his ass. Cold blooded.

Can't imagine Kiffin bolting a school after one year for a school headed on a non stop to the NCAA woodshed, he had paid a dear price eventually at USC, subsequently fired after he got off the plane, not even given cab fare back over to Manhattan Beach, resulting in a one way ticket to Saban's Clinic for Wayward Coaches. Just don't seen him doing that roll of the dice again.

Last edited:
It's like an ex who who left for one of your buddies, then did it again to another guy later on. Would you give her another chance when she realizes you were better than them in the first place? Have a little dignity. . .

I'll be brutally honest, I'm so beaten down with BVS that I really dont have any dignity anymore. I feel so bad about myself and have no self esteem left and pretty much would do just about anything to win (except sell my soul, that belongs to Jesus). Other than that I'll pretty much do whatever it takes.

VN Store

Back