Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is where I am, and I’m going to bed...

1. I don’t care if we go 0–12 next year. I don’t care if guys are transferring. I don’t care how bad it gets at this point. It’s already awful.

2. Hire an AD who doesn’t have an ego, has elite people skills, and is not easily swayed.

3. Hire a coach who is self-confident, great with people, has great strength of character, is genuinely likeable and respectful to the people in the UTK community, has strong convictions about his approach and philosophy but is humble enough to listen. If he is an offensive mind, all the better.

4. Then...leave them alone and let them do their job for awhile. Surely, after all of this, a new coach won’t have the fanbase and media breathing down their neck after a bad season or two. Let them have some breathing room and let them pull this thing out of the abyss.

Good night

Honestly him saying “I don’t think so” instead of completely shutting it down is probably a positive
Plus, they haven’t really shown that they have a wealth of knowledge. Hubbs said 24 hours ago it would go to February, now it is back to the weekend. I think they lost a lot of their sources with the firings.

Here is where I am, and I’m going to bed...

1. I don’t care if we go 0–12 next year. I don’t care if guys are transferring. I don’t care how bad it gets at this point. It’s already awful.

2. Hire an AD who doesn’t have an ego, has elite people skills, and is not easily swayed.

3. Hire a coach who is self-confident, great with people, has great strength of character, is genuinely likeable and respectful to the people in the UTK community, has strong convictions about his approach and philosophy but is humble enough to listen. If he is an offensive mind, all the better.

4. Then...leave them alone and let them do their job for awhile. Surely, after all of this, a new coach won’t have the fanbase and media breathing down their neck after a bad season or two. Let them have some breathing room and let them pull this thing out of the abyss.

Good night
You just described Lane Kiffin and Hugh Freeze.

What head coaches does Steele already have a good relationship with that we could be bringing in? Any "getting the band back together" possibilities with some of the assistants that Steele is looking for permission to bring on? Maybe he's already talking to someone and getting affairs in order so the new staff can assemble and hit the ground running quickly.

I don't think I'll be mad at whoever our TBD ad hires as HC.

I think these Waters are tricky enough to navigate, and with us looking like we're filling out at least part of a defensive staff, I think that complicates it more... How much? Not sure.

Anyway..ad first... Then we may have more insight on what's next.

Don't mind Chadwell, you know the AP coach of the year. The guy that had Coastal Carolina ranked in the top 10. The guy who told BYU to come get some after BYU said they would play anybody. BYU with probably a top 10 NFL draft pick at QB. The BYU that is known to be physical in the trenches and Coastal ran for 281 yards with players nobody has heard of. The guy that took the beloved Freeze into overtime with what I would guess to be similar talent. Yeah man, Chadwell stinks.
Who said Chadwell stinks?

Plus, they haven’t really shown that they have a wealth of knowledge. Hubbs said 24 hours ago it would go to February, now it is back to the weekend. I think they lost a lot of their sources with the firings.

Which makes sense. UT is cleaning house.

This might be too hopeful, but I believe they have a plan and it’s being executed. I care more about a plan being executed correctly moreso than the actual people hired. We get this all done by next Friday I won’t complain too much. It means Plowman and Boyd know what they want and can accomplish it.

Saw a report that Steele is asking permission to fill the assistant coach vacancies. Really. I thought I was seeing wrong. I guess we are going to get stuck with another of Fulmer's choices. The inmates are running the asylum.
PF pulled the pin with his last breathe...

Reactions: RiotVol
Remember I told everyone that it was going to get worse before it got better.

The transfer stuff you saw today was purely a by product of those players not being eligible at UT moving forward due to things that will most likely come out in the investigation at some point....Nothing more.

Have you heard at time line on the AD hire? Then HC hire?

For all those who hate Kiffin, If he said "I'm sorry, I never should've left, would you forgive him?"

Imagine it...the lights dim, smoke fills the stage, Kiffin strolls out in an Orange top hat & cane, and delivers a stunning vocal rendition of "Hearts Burst into Fire" by Bullet For My Valentine! But "sorry k" would do also.

I'm coming home!
I've been gone for far too long!
Do you remember me at all?

I'm leaving
Have I ****** things up again?
I'm dreaming
Too much time without you spent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back