Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chadwell has never even coached at a P5 school before, not even as a GA or a position coach. There is no reason to consider him yet especially with the sanctions likely coming
Your last reason might be the reason you have to consider him....not the other way around.

We can do worse. Idk man. I’d would judge it after staff is named.

That’s fair. Look I’m not saying Bill O’Brien is the next Saban. If this was a normal search not sure he’s in my top 3. I’m just saying hiring him with our current situation is a win for Tennessee.

Remember I told everyone that it was going to get worse before it got better.

The transfer stuff you saw today was purely a by product of those players not being eligible at UT moving forward due to things that will most likely come out in the investigation at some point....Nothing more.
Jahmir Johnson too?

This was all completely mishandled, but Pruitt and his staff were also sloppy. Sure, everyone cheats, but you can't be as blatant as Pruitt and his guys were about doing it. Plenty of blame for both sides. Not sure why you feel as if Pruitt should be defended, because I just don't see it. That's truth. You seem to be insistent on a half-truth where Pruitt got unfairly treated. That's not reality. Pruitt screwed up, and it's gonna cost us. Fulmer screwed up, and it's gonna cost us. Plowman and our administrators screwed up, and it's gonna cost us. There are plenty of people to blame for this mess. Pruitt is absolutely one of them.
Alabama and Auburn don't even try to hide it down there...everybody in the state knows what is happening at AU and UA. They weren't sloppy, they just didn't expect a Haslam hit squad waiting to take them out. They were stabbed in the back by people they should have been able to trust.

Last edited:
I’m going to assume Gus is not an option and I’ll believe Lane when I see it, so here’s my top 5 realistic options right now:

1) Bill O’Brien
2) Bill Clark
3) Tom Herman
4) Scott Satterfield
5) Jamey Chadwell

Reactions: FBtime
Alabama and Auburn don't even try to hide it down there...everybody in the state knows what is happening at AU and UA. They weren't sloppy, they just didn't expect a Haslam hot squad waiting to take them out. They were stabbed in the back by people they should have been able to trust.

Tell me more about this “hot squad.” We bringing back the hostess program?

We ALL sing rocky top at every home game!..does that mean we all should get a look at Head coach as well?😂 yall are ridiculous.we need a “SEC Proven Head Coach”.We have taken chances on coaches from the big East and conference USA...and we know how both worked out.the SEC conference is a whole different world.Chadwell would be considered another up and coming experiment hire with no guarantee of making it in the SEC.
Don’t get me wrong, I’d take Freeze all day long, just don’t think Admin is having it...

Reactions: Lofton/Durant4 3
SEC ties didn't stop LSU from hiring Nick Saban or Florida from hiring Urban Meyer. SEC ties are overrated. You don't have to be from down here to recruit well. You don't have to be from down here to be a great football mind.

If you can coach well, you can win, and you will be successful.

I do think that being a P5 head coach, having that experience, should be the most important thing.

Last edited:
Nothing that has already been mentioned. Should have the AD signed by Friday and go from there. I do think Lane Kffin would be the guy that could recruit and get this team back on top.
I do too, but will they swallow some pride and do it? You know who the AD is?

Thinks it’s more about this doesn’t get as bad and to the point of players eligibility and futures in danger if boosters don’t gather the receipts and dig up the bones and lay them on the desk of the chancellor. Also the media leak to Trey Wallace. He has said like others Pruitt was bound to be toast at some point but we should have just paid it all to go away
Thanks for actually listening to me.

Reactions: engineerVOL
Remember I told everyone that it was going to get worse before it got better.

The transfer stuff you saw today was purely a by product of those players not being eligible at UT moving forward due to things that will most likely come out in the investigation at some point....Nothing more.
If Kiffin isn’t an option, will you please end my optimism now. Thanks

P.S. Don’t respond if he is our next coach.

People too busy hating Pruitt and Fulmer to appreciate the excellent assassination of Fulmer and Pruitt by the Haslam hit squad.

Plowman and Boyd are the scum we should be hating for this mess.
Why can't we be pissed at all of them? I am. Boyd, Plowman, Fulmer, Pruitt...I blame all of them. It was their job to safeguard our program, and they've all failed IMO. I resent them all for it.

Saw a report that Steele is asking permission to fill the assistant coach vacancies. Really. I thought I was seeing wrong. I guess we are going to get stuck with another of Fulmer's choices. The inmates are running the asylum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back