Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
We ALL sing rocky top at every home game!..does that mean we all should get a look at Head coach as well?😂 yall are ridiculous.we need a “SEC Proven Head Coach”.We have taken chances on coaches from the big East and conference USA...and we know how both worked out.the SEC conference is a whole different world.Chadwell would be considered another up and coming experiment hire with no guarantee of making it in the SEC.

I think that’s a bit exaggerated. Coastal was everyone’s Cinderella this past year. Plenty of people unrelated to UT have been heaping praise on and speaking about Chadwell, i.e. every Coach of the Year award imaginable.

This fanbase LOVES local boys.

Chadwell did a great job at Coastal. If he’s the hire I’m not going to hate it (although it boggles my mind people would rather want Chadwell than Bill O’Brien). I’m just saying a big part of his allure to this particular fanbase is his East Tennessee ties.

Here’s my counterpoint to that: If he does well enough to get another job in the NFL, then that is a good thing for Tennessee. Means he did well here.

True but then you’re right back to another coaching search.

It’s unlikely our AD would strike gold twice.

Chadwell has never even coached at a P5 school before, not even as a GA or a position coach. There is no reason to consider him yet especially with the sanctions likely coming

Thinks it’s more about this doesn’t get as bad and to the point of players eligibility and futures in danger if boosters don’t gather the receipts and dig up the bones and lay them on the desk of the chancellor. Also the media leak to Trey Wallace. He has said like others Pruitt was bound to be toast at some point but we should have just paid it all to go away
No doubt Plowman has mishandled this investigation IMO. She's made it worse than it should have been by inviting in outside counsel, and drawn it out longer than it should've gone. Do we know with certainty it was boosters who started the whole thing? I was under the impression it started lower than that. No doubt, some boosters took advantage to get their way, but I don't think they initiated it. Pruitt and staff got sloppy. I fully expect we'll do what we need to do to keep up with our competition, but you have to do it more discreetly. From what I've heard, the truly sloppy one was Nieds, but Nieds was Pruitt's guy, so it falls on him.

O'Brein was decently successful at PSU during a bad time. I can acknowledge that, but 7-8 wins a year isn't what I'm going for. Won't cut it for me. I want to get back to championship football and I don't think he can do that.

He had sanctions at PSU. Hence the lower win total. He won multiple divisional titles in the NFL.

Reactions: Tnfan41
We BETTER get this hire right... hard to believe all of this nonsense is gonna be worth it

Don’t worry — it’s all part of the Master Plan. The big money has finally made it clear they aren’t going to put up with going 3-7 anymore. This is Tennessee, and we will back up the Brinks truck to get our guy. It’s all done, really. Just need to make it look like a cluster so the NCAA buys it and let’s us off easy. Then- all roads lead to the CFP.

Just trust the admin and boosters — it’s just like back in ‘17. We had everybody fooled with Bahama John and Schiano, and then- BOOM! Fulmer and Pru... oh.

Reactions: BigOrangeGoose
I'm ready to ride with Lane.
giphy.gif

Remember I told everyone that it was going to get worse before it got better.

The transfer stuff you saw today was purely a by product of those players not being eligible at UT moving forward due to things that will most likely come out in the investigation at some point....Nothing more.
So can things start getting better now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back