Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He made the playoffs and 4/6 full years he had and one of those lost his superstar QB for the year.

He wouldn’t be a GM here so that’s not a concern.

If Chadwell is the guy, it’s a huge risk. If Jamey Chadwell was from Kentucky nobody would be talking about him.!

Here’s a fun antedote: Bill O’Brien has more winning seasons in FBS football than Jamey Chadwell does
If he is so great and we are well beyond the HC search and sign season (unless you’re UT) then where did he just get hired as the new HC?
Give me Chadwell.

Reactions: 9876543vol and jp1
Remember I told everyone that it was going to get worse before it got better.

The transfer stuff you saw today was purely a by product of those players not being eligible at UT moving forward due to things that will most likely come out in the investigation at some point....Nothing more.
Yeah. I figured as much. It’s funny how how these guys are ditching town and the rest are sayin they’re brothers no matter what. If anything, I think it’s good for the program that these kids go ahead and leave.

Why is his ceiling higher than O’Brien? In what way?
O'Brein was decently successful at PSU during a bad time. I can acknowledge that, but 7-8 wins a year isn't what I'm going for. Won't cut it for me. I want to get back to championship football and I don't think he can do that.

Also, let it be known that BOB trading DeAndre Hopkins while having a superstar QB and getting such a pathetic return should automatically disqualify him from ever being the head honcho anywhere else ever again....just sayin!

No it shouldn’t.

2 of our last 3 coaching hires were Derek Dooley and Jeremy Pruitt if you remember

People are on here saying that they’d be so appalled at a Bill O’Brien hire that they’d just end their fandom.

But guys, I don’t think Bill O’Brien would even pick up the phone.

I think we are in for a tough couple weeks

Remember I told everyone that it was going to get worse before it got better.

The transfer stuff you saw today was purely a by product of those players not being eligible at UT moving forward due to things that will most likely come out in the investigation at some point....Nothing more.

Less worse. More better.

And hurry it up, I don’t got much more time left for us to get this right.

Reactions: beneVOLence
He made the playoffs and 4/6 full years he had and one of those lost his superstar QB for the year.

If Chadwell is the guy, it’s a huge risk. If Jamey Chadwell was from Kentucky nobody would be talking about him.!

Here’s a fun antedote: Bill O’Brien has more winning seasons in FBS football than Jamey Chadwell does
BTW, risk to what? Going 3-7?....

Reactions: Ttucke11

I think that’s a bit exaggerated. Coastal was everyone’s Cinderella this past year. Plenty of people unrelated to UT have been heaping praise on and speaking about Chadwell, i.e. every Coach of the Year award imaginable.

Why is his ceiling higher than O’Brien? In what way?

I think it has more to do with O’Brien being an NFL guy.

From a stability standpoint, I can see why some fans would be against him.

He’d jump at another opportunity for the NFL to make up for his struggles at Houston.

That’s why he’s a risky hire.

Reactions: Ttucke11
If he is so great and we are well beyond the HC search and sign season (unless you’re UT) then where did he just get hired as the new HC?
Give me Chadwell.

Jamey Chadwell didn’t get a better job after going 11-1 so should that disqualify him?

I think it has more to do with O’Brien being an NFL guy.

From a stability standpoint, I can see why some fans would be against him.

He’d jump at another opportunity for the NFL to make up for his struggles at Houston.

That’s why he’s a risky hire.

Here’s my counterpoint to that: If he does well enough to get another job in the NFL, then that is a good thing for Tennessee. Means he did well here.

Reactions: hep and VolInDayton
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back