Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he be ineligible here, but have eligibility at another school?

Can’t imagine those guys would have eligibility anywhere, unless money was paid back. Even then, there would be a suspension to be served, if protocol from previous situations at other schools are followed.

Last edited:
He’s given way too much credit for his two year stint at Penn State during a time where the Big 10 was not even close to as lethal as the current strength of the SEC.

I don’t see what everyone is so impressed with honestly. Winning some games in a weak division in the NFL? Not to mention his desire to be both the GM and HC of the Texans led to the eventual death spiral of their franchise due to clashing egos. The last thing we need here is yet another ego.

He had two winning seasons with the biggest penalties faced on a program since SMU. And it’s still the Big Ten. It’s still one of the 3 best conferences.

He went 52-48 in the NFL. That’s not bad at all. And while he was GM and made bad decisions he dealt with terrible ownership, a pastor who apparently runs the show there and an edict to win now. He’s still a good coach. And as previously stated he can navigate tough situations. With a good support system he’d be a good hire.

Remember I told everyone that it was going to get worse before it got better.

The transfer stuff you saw today was purely a by product of those players not being eligible at UT moving forward due to things that will most likely come out in the investigation at some point....Nothing more.

I'm ready for one of the best hires we had in 15 years and start rebuilding and winning.

I’ve never liked the idea of “interim” coaches.
However, our current horrific situation may call for it.
if we can’t get an experienced proven winner right now, just announce Steele as 2021 head coach.
But, announce that’s it’s just for one year and that we will have nationwide search and have new coach in place by December.

Reactions: mrmax86
Personally Chadwell and BOB are both a risk in my opinion. If I'm choosing between the two its Chadwell all day long because of his ceiling and the fact that you couldn't dynamite him out of the position if he is successful.

Why is his ceiling higher than O’Brien? In what way?

Reactions: MrVolton

The transfer stuff you saw today was purely a by product of those players not being eligible at UT moving forward due to things that will most likely come out in the investigation at some point....Nothing more.
Cool, so how about some planes? Going anywhere tonight? Just get back?

Reactions: Tnfan41

i really dont consider that worse. that team played hard but they were bad.

Didn't he (AV) tell us this was coming? I feel like he said a few times that it was gonna get REALLY bad. So... I think he already gave us something, it's just something we didn't want lol

I don’t know why but Gray post sounds like one that didn’t have a choice but to look for options elsewhere.
Nothing but love for EG.. Pretty obvious he’s gotten caught up in some bullish!t that’s not going to allow him to continue his career here.

Hope this kid makes his dream come true.

Alright guys, we're getting better about reading between the lines.

Hopefully this is as bad as it gets before it starts getting better [crossing fingers]

Good to know, appreciate that. Um, about that "better' part though....

Can I just ask if the AD and HC situations are more set in place than they appear?

Reactions: drvenner
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back