Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get sucked into this 40MM rumor, it could be true but remember it could very well be false and don't let it effect how you feel about the hire.

Chadwell will be a great hire and don't want folks to hype themselves up and not be excited about hiring the AP Coach of the Year who's from East TN.

And who could easily go elsewhere and kick our ass. The man vetted the Florida job for crying out loud. He’s not afraid and he actually develops his players.

Exactly. They didn’t plan out this sneak attack firing of the AD and HC for months to just give the job to Steele. Not a chance.
Only way Steele ends up HC is if the NCAA hammers UT. And very doubtful that happens.

The only way UT doesn't get hammered by The NCAA is because they don't want to open a can of worms on Georgia, Bama and some of the other blue blood SEC teams. There appears to be a number of players, who allegedly took money from UT, and then signed with other SEC schools for allegedly more money. It remains to be seen if the NCAA wants to open that can of worms.
UT will not hire anyone who has had past transgressions with The NCAA. I believe Kiffin is a risk also and I would eliminate him as well. I'm thinking Fisher is probably at the top of the list of some very big names----just reading the tea leaves here but I believe this makes sense.

SIAP... Hubbs now saying AD should be announced by Friday.
If an AD is in place this Friday by COB, what would be a realistic timeframe for them to then hire our next football coach? Maybe have a coach hired by the following Friday? A lot to ask, but I'd imagine hiring the next coach would be their top priority.

This tells me Steele is putting together his defensive staff and they have a HC lined up but if starts hiring offensive coaches then he’s the HC (which I don’t believe will happen).
I hate hate hate Chadwell, but to me besides AV's F U money post that is where this is trending.
1. He doesn't have good ties, so let Steele build the defensive staff.
2. Someone who would likely stay for 10 years because he really doesn't deserve
3. A coach who's probably not scared of violations because its going to take him years to build anyways.

The fact none of our insiders can put the Steele y’all to bed. Tells me all I need to know. @Atlanta VOL @MetalVolunteer @matts42012 @skeeter33418
Guess the big money didn’t come to play after all. We aren’t hearing any good name coaches. The high of a coaching change got us again. We will make a subpar hire. Kevin is hiring assistants and chumming it up with the chancellor. He’s snaked his way into contention again just like he did Auburn.

Lol. You just can't be patient. The sign of a good coaching search is that you don't hear much at all.

Reactions: TennacJed
Didn't say he was just trying to point out def not a Butch Jones pre Tennessee clone.

All signs point to NFL for him by all accounts or maybe he just likes no pressure at ISU.
I’m thinking he’s a northern boy and wants a Michigan type job or the NFL. But that’s just my thinking.

SIAP... Hubbs now saying AD should be announced by Friday.
it_s_done-DMID1-5kzol1lyh-480x270.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back