Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stupid question, just how much FU money are we talking? FU money as in paying buyout for experienced P5 coach plus assistant money? Any G5 or less coach is not FU money. FU money says to me we are going in and taking a coach from a successful program and will be a home run type hire for any program. Campbell Freeze Kiffin Herman Fickel, anything less is not FU money hire

Apparently about 40M

I know nothing about the man, but Matt Campbell's resume looks very Butch-ish from before he coached here. What's different about Campbell?

Edit: I see some have said player development.

Plowman is doing this correctly. While many of us would be happy with Ingram, you can't limit your hiring pool.

Think about it: Alabama's AD is Greg Byrne, and he has no affiliation with the school. He actually grew up out west. Florida's AD is Scott Stricklin, and he had no prior affiliation with the school. They got him to leave his alma mater and close ties with them (he's married to the daughter of one of the best basketball player's in MSU history).

Maybe they circle back to Ingram, but don't limit yourself. Except for Hart, we have hired 3 in-family in the last 20 years, and it's partly why we are in this situation.

I support and Ingram hire and 100% agree with this. I want the search to be wide open with serious vetting. I feel like they cannot go wrong with Ingram, but what if there was somebody even better out there who could see it from a unique perspective as you posted with Bama and UF. I am excited they appear to be doing this right for a change.

Reactions: VolGee4
“16. Opt-out. At such time as UT officially hires a new head football coach, either Employee or said Head Coach may choose to nullify this Agreement on written notice within 30 days of Head Coach’s official start date of employment with the University.”

Is this legit ?

This is why I don’t want Fleck.

“I eat difficult conversations for breakfast.”

I have a crack on my shoulder, not a chip.”

“This is a family environment, and we define family as: Forget About Me, I Love You.”

“If you’re going to teach a rivalry, you can’t use Jordan and Bird anymore. They think Jordan’s the guy that makes the sneakers. You gotta use Kanye and Drake.”

“I’m the king of the too's: Too small, too short, too young, too inexperienced. I could go on and on with t-o-o.”

“We’re going to connect people to Gopher football that don’t even like football.”

“We are going to find a way to out-care everyone else, out-give everybody else and out-how everybody else.”

“I have lived 3 lives in 36 years.”

I’d kill myself after month 1.

Stupid question, just how much FU money are we talking? FU money as in paying buyout for experienced P5 coach plus assistant money? Any G5 or less coach is not FU money. FU money says to me we are going in and taking a coach from a successful program and will be a home run type hire for any program. Campbell Freeze Kiffin Herman Fickel, anything less is not FU money hire

I take FU money to be within the top 10, maybe top 5, of salaries in CFB. $40m over 5 years would be that.

I'm not sure who warrants that much right now. I'm sure Gus would argue that his natty ring says he does, but I'm not sure a search firm or anyone money-ballin' this thing would agree.

I know nothing about the man, but Matt Campbell's resume looks very Butch-ish from before he coached here. What's different about Campbell?
I don't think it Butch-ish at all. He's fielded very competitive teams at a middle-to-low tier Big 12 school. Butch had never coached in the P5 before coming here.

If you take emotions out of it and base things totally on resume, on field results, and logic, I cannot imagine preferring Chadwell over O’Brien or Fleck.

“This is a family environment, and we define family as: Forget About Me, I Love You.”

“If you’re going to teach a rivalry, you can’t use Jordan and Bird anymore. They think Jordan’s the guy that makes the sneakers. You gotta use Kanye and Drake.”

“I’m the king of the too's: Too small, too short, too young, too inexperienced. I could go on and on with t-o-o.”

“We’re going to connect people to Gopher football that don’t even like football.”

“We are going to find a way to out-care everyone else, out-give everybody else and out-how everybody else.”

All you’d have to do is add in a few aights in there and it would be hard to tell him and Pruitt apart

With Luke Fickell, you're getting an OSU Alum who will probably always see that as his dream job. Can we have long-term success with him? I get he has done great things at Cincinnati. But also, do we want to sign on to accept yet another coach from Cincinnati?

I heard somewhere around tree fiddy.

Yeah I can't do that either

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
The fact none of our insiders can put the Steele talk to bed. Tells me all I need to know. @Atlanta VOL @MetalVolunteer @matts42012 @skeeter33418
Guess the big money didn’t come to play after all. We aren’t hearing any good name coaches. The high of a coaching change got us again. We will make a subpar hire. Kevin is hiring assistants and chumming it up with the chancellor. He’s snaked his way into contention again just like he did Auburn.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back