Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we hire Steele, Chadwell, Napier, Campbell, Fleck, etc., we are not bringing "FU" money to the table. There aren't many warranting even close to what has been mentioned.

There’s no such thing as FU money anymore in college coaching. Only team that has done it was A&M with jimbo abs that was more about giving him the power he wanted. They are so many rich schools that struggle in football. If it were that simple more teams would do it.

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
I wouldn’t get all caught up in the football scoop article. As it is clear that whether Steele is HC or DC that he and Garner are on staff. So that doesn’t mean much. Simon could just be a leak to buy time with Henry to stay out of portal until new Hc can get in front of him. Or we have no idea you could always structure it to be a limited contract work. It’s also not like Kevin Simon doesn’t know how to play football and Steele specialty is LBs so Steele would be looking to groom him in that capacity. He wouldn’t have to worry about DL with Garner there and then he would need to hire a DB coach he trusts. At the end of the day I think that is more of a leak to buy a week or two with Henry. I would watch for Henry to look hard at TX after they hired Washington’s DC if he does decide to leave

Reactions: Jimmy Football
How do you add coaches to a staff with no head coach?

“16. Opt-out. At such time as UT officially hires a new head football coach, either Employee or said Head Coach may choose to nullify this Agreement on written notice within 30 days of Head Coach’s official start date of employment with the University.”

[My example. Not from a real contract.]

Last edited:
Chadwell would be the best recruiter of the coaches we're considering and would immediately give us an identity to build and recruit to - instead of just building ourselves as Georgia or Alabama with worse players.

I hope very much that he is the hire.

I would be fired the hell up if we actually hired Chadwell

Where did Stoops talk come from? I think he might have a slight itch to coach again but not against his brother. I wouldn’t think this would be a place he would come to unless Mark has plans to exit.

Stupid question, just how much FU money are we talking? FU money as in paying buyout for experienced P5 coach plus assistant money? Any G5 or less coach is not FU money. FU money says to me we are going in and taking a coach from a successful program and will be a home run type hire for any program. Campbell Freeze Kiffin Herman Fickel, anything less is not FU money hire

I would get on board if it was Fleck. But that guy has the next Tennessee head coaching disaster written all over him imo. I would be intrigued but also super skeptical until I saw the results.

Reactions: Neyland Law Vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back