Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normal schools don't fire their coach in January just as the team is coming back to start the offseason program.

You don't need an interim coach if the students aren't even on campus.
The off-season program is run by the S&C staff and we still have Tee, Chaney, Ansley, Osovet, Simon, Steele and a handful of others still on campus who can work for the next two weeks.

We've fired three coaches in the last 10 years, and never once have we hired assistants as placeholders.

Reactions: volsfan_17
Steele will not be HC. People are reading way to much into this. Before Pruitt got fired there was already talks that Garner was going to join the staff.
I am not arguing that all of these things totally point to us hiring Kevin Steele. The only thing I'm saying is we're going about the hiring process in an ass-backwards way.

Reactions: volsfan_17
And if that Stoerner report is true, man I thought Butch was petty. Holy ... how did Pruitt think this was going to go?!? I ... can't ... imagine this stuff is real, but ... smh.
If it’s real, methinks they’ve been working on replacements well before Donde went scorched earth in public. They knew they were going to fire him just needed the extra incentive to do it without a buy out.

I was in the didn’t they would fire him boat but it all makes more sense now.

Find it funny the lack of reading comprehension by VN posters. The earlier discussion regarding the AV's posts and now the John Brice article on Kevin Steele which states IF and when he would be able to fill positions. Consider what Brice's aim is: To create clicks to his site and what creates clicks for this fan base - anything about the football situation. He is spit-balling just like all the other media sources so go ahead and freak out over something that has not and probably will not occur. Return you to your regularly scheduled freak out...

And if that Stoerner report is true, man I thought Butch was petty. Holy ... how did Pruitt think this was going to go?!? I ... can't ... imagine this stuff is real, but ... smh.
It sounds like every coach we have hired post-Fulmer has had some major character flaw that wasn't identified or fleshed out during the hiring/due diligence process.

At least with Pruitt, you could tell straight away that he was extremely unpolished and rough around the edges, and if he struggled here that would be used as a reason to give him a short leash.

If it’s real, methinks they’ve been working on replacements well before Donde went scorched earth in public. They knew they were going to fire him just needed the extra incentive to do it without a buy out.

I was in the didn’t they would fire him boat but it all makes more sense now.
If all of those rumors prove true, Jeremy Pruitt is the dumbest gump ever to get handed a head coaching job. Jeez Louise.

Find it funny the lack of reading comprehension by VN posters. The earlier discussion regarding the AV's posts and now the John Brice article on Kevin Steele which states IF and when he would be able to fill positions. Consider what Brice's aim is: To create clicks to his site and what creates clicks for this fan base - anything about the football situation. He is spit-balling just like all the other media sources so go ahead and freak out over something that has not and probably will not occur. Return you to your regularly scheduled freak out...

Auditioning to be the mouthpiece for a possible head coach by dangling a "I can bring Garner if you hire me" article.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back