Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love him but AV has said this every time we have had to make a hire. Go back and read the lead up to the hire of Schiano. he was saying the same thing. I'm sure he was also saying it in the lead up to the Butch Jones hire too. Probably Dooley as well though I wasn't around back then.
Bass, it's probably not the same game today. It's been mentioned that a rather large pool of money has been promised to secure a big name to a long term contract this time around and the hire will be squeaky clean. I really believe Plowman and Boyd are driving this bus without interference. We'll see, and I think soon.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
8 Mill annually 40 million total should open a lot of doors for top tier coaches to come here, even with the violations and penalties.

Are you saying you KNOW this type of money is on the table? Or are you just replying to the person who said that earlier and agreeing that if that was the case we'd be able to find someone?

If an AD is in place this Friday by COB, what would be a realistic timeframe for them to then hire our next football coach? Maybe have a coach hired by the following Friday? A lot to ask, but I'd imagine hiring the next coach would be their top priority.
If this has all been predetermined besides final negotiations as I believe absolutely.

Exactly. And he’s allowed to hire Garner this week to help keep the team intact and recruit to finish the class. Time is of the essence.

correct... I'm usually a major nega-vol but folks on here gotta let the Steele HC thing go... it's just not happening... Thankfully they are letting him pick up Garner so that there is more stability-- that would be a big win... maybe we even pick Big Kat back up and a few others... Garner's name carries weight both as a great D coach and on the recruiting trail. Heck I can guarantee you he's whipped our butts on several recruits...

Stupid question, just how much FU money are we talking? FU money as in paying buyout for experienced P5 coach plus assistant money? Any G5 or less coach is not FU money. FU money says to me we are going in and taking a coach from a successful program and will be a home run type hire for any program. Campbell Freeze Kiffin Herman Fickel, anything less is not FU money hire
If you have to ask, then you will never know.

Are you saying you KNOW this type of money is on the table? Or are you just replying to the person who said that earlier and agreeing that if that was the case we'd be able to find someone?

No idea if that's the number we're working with, but if it is then that tells me that this administration is not messing around and committed to winning.

Where did Stoops talk come from? I think he might have a slight itch to coach again but not against his brother. I wouldn’t think this would be a place he would come to unless Mark has plans to exit.
How would Plowman be okay with hiring Garner? hmmm
He doesn't hand out money in "McDonald's bags" so she's good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back