Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't bet against that. Not right now, anyway.
giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Is the goal to hire a particular coach or win games? He coached at Baylor 20 years ago. It wasn't good. I did some things 20 years ago I probably wouldn't do now. Might be good to give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves that he isn't the guy.

And no, I'm not saying he is, I just think that refusing to support a coach before he's coached his first game in 2 decades might be premature.
The optics behind hiring Steele would be awful. We'd be the biggest laughing stock in sports, not just college football.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Is the goal to hire a particular coach or win games? He coached at Baylor 20 years ago. It wasn't good. I did some things 20 years ago I probably wouldn't do now. Might be good to give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves that he isn't the guy.

And no, I'm not saying he is, I just think that refusing to support a coach before he's coached his first game in 2 decades might be premature.

I think Fulmer just wants to hire one of his buddies and that's it. He doesn't want to be upstaged by the coach and wants some ho-hum name he can control.

I think that's what it comes down to, comfort and control. Fulmer doesn't want to make the same mistake that got him fired in 08 with the Clawson hire. He'll stick to what he's comfortable with and can control. It's why Freeze will never be a coach here with Fulmer as AD.

Plowman is just as big an obstacle with Freeze-- and carries a bigger sword. So even with another AD, the Big Orange Wall will hold.

So, they planned on having Steele on board and taking him on this visit to bring HT back in the fold? That's a lot to digest. So they're gonna tell HT and his family that everything is ok on the hill and not to worry because Pruitt is still gonna be his head coach.
if HT is smart... knowing pruitt will remain the coach should be all he needs to transfer. really hope bailey and grey transfer, too. those kids are gonna ruin their careers if they keep playing under pruitt and this half assed offense he dug up on an archaeological dig somewhere in the backwoods of greece.

Why take Pruitt then? It doesn't look like he should be involved in damage control if he's on his way out.

The whole situation is weird
He is still employed by UT and has to do his job until he is officially fired. Lawyers are arguing now, but he still has to go to work until everything is resolved.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
@frank should just make mine "LA"-- problem solved. Call me The Fixer. I can fix all sorts of problems. For example, the LVs are an embarrassment. Pat would hate it. Fans hate it. Former LVs really, really hate it. Too much hate. Make them an intramural team. They can win games against lesser opponents, and UT won't have to pretend we're fielding an SEC team. Problem fixed.
Download this, then upload it as your avatar.
Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 1.53.56 PM.png

Tennessee has been a meme for decades now.

Almost to the point where nobody gives a damn about us.

I can see it now. Steele and Fulmer will both be out on their asses in 3 years, Haslams will appoint another stooge AD, and he will hire Hue Jackson.

It’s firing Pruitt and hiring the same thing, except maybe worse. He has a losing record as a Hc as you said and he’s also 100 years old. Guarantee you he would retain Chaney and nothing would improve. We need to hire a HC who has won before.

The VOLS are going to be fine. By fall a lot of folks will be on board. Especially after we land a few top recruits with Steele, Garner and a cast of others hitting the trail.

I won't be one of them. Fulmer is exhibiting the same prideful and arrogant behavior that led to his downfall as a coach. The administration is exhibiting the same level of incompetence that we've observed for the past decade+.

Reactions: sona
Dont exactly like it if HT, Crouch & Wanya go but honestly if we trade them for a coach like Freeze sign me up today. Im worried about Tennessee Football 2025 not 2021.

Best advice my mother gave me when I was growing up is this:

Never worry about anything you can't control.

That's how I've lived my entire life----and I gotta say----she was right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back