Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they don't have to? He is literally the coach until they say he is not. So from their viewpoint it may be like saying water is wet. This echo chamber is where everything gets whipped into a frenzy needing information now.
So they should just stay quiet when the whole country knows they’re under investigation? Makes perfect sense

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
84WS.gif

Any of you VQ peeps ever just blow up those fake insiders over there?

Curious as to how much sh*t they catch when they keep saying “tomorrow is the day”
We shouldn’t give anyone grief.... each individual should decide who they want to believe.

Siap hubbs:

I'm not saying he's back till the Chancellor tells me he's back.

Pruitt went and saw Crouch and Morris before ever meeting with investigators. This trip to California was scheduled before Pruitt's meeting yesterday.

So we still don't know what the investigation is going to turn up with Pruitt. I think this is the chancellor's call and I would say she's going to be getting the findings report from the Glazier group in the next day or so.
the other thing...

they could ground Pruitt and cancel a flight. i don't see that it being scheduled before hand as being a deal breaker.

when the economy went bad 12 years ago, and i got laid off, my company canceled trips for me..and i was a nobody. the just ate the cost of flights etc....i don't see that as being a hurdle for UT.....

The question will come up

And he can’t truthfully answer yes or no If he doesent know. So why even allow it to happen when Steele job Is to keep people there
The only answer I can think of is that they told Pruitt to go reassure HT that his friend Kevin Steele will do a good job, and that's what he's going to do.

Or maybe the trip was already scheduled, and Pruitt just says "Hey, we still don't know if I'm back yet. But of the four of us, some of us will definetly be here next year and you should stay because.."

Along those lines. But I think most likely Pruitt is telling Henry he will be back next year. Maybe he's lying. Maybe he actually thinks he will be back even though he won't. I don't know.

I agree that the fact he took that trip is not a good sign for those wanting him to get fired.

But to your original post. I think there is 0% the investigation turns up a big nothing burger. It's just a matter of whether they decide to keep Pruitt regardless.

This thing is sinking. The long dark winter seems to be growing longer and darker. I hate this, but if it has to die completely to finally heal, then so be it.

The thing is it's not JUST Pruitt. It doesn't matter who the coach is. Fulmer, the president, and the Chancellor aren't committed to winning. And that's become clear as day. To them it MUST be about control and national perception. They've failed at both.

Possibly but why hasn’t anyone from the AD come out and said the investigation is complete and Pruitt will be here next year because that’s what a lot people are claiming now that he’s going to see HT
Because they are a bunch of incompetent morons compared to other SEC schools.

Again, I might just be a total dumbass, but I still think he'll be fired.

This decision is coming over his head and in the meantime he is working like he's going to be here in 2021. I also happen to believe he knows all these guys deciding to transfer doesn't help his argument for staying.

This is plenty reasonable.
the only thing we know for certain is this trip means Pruitt nor fulmer know he’s gone

You’re back! How did you escape the clutches of @InVOLuntary? Did he treat you well in your captivity? (See earlier posts for this odd exchange). We’re their scantily clad women?

Did someone spike my coffee? Though if scantily clad women are involved, perhaps that's not a bad thing.

Things just add up to me that Pruitt is done and will be gone as soon as the lawyers have prepared and submitted all the legal documentation from the hours of interviews they did. Their report will also include a recommendation which I'm sure the UTAD wants to review before making it official. Reportedly, the interviews concluded yesterday. I see it happening over the weekend but certainly by early next week.

Has there been a decision made. I think to many people are reading into pruitts trip to California
In the same, the hiring freeze obviously meant he was being fired. In reality, that wasnt true either.

Since then a coach has been hired and Pruitt was interviewed again this time by outside investigators. The day after he boards a plane to Cal to re recruit a current player.

I dont know that there has been a decision made, but at worse Pruitt and those controlling his fate havent gotten bad enough news to ground him yet. Doesnt make sense why UT would want him doing that on their dime if they are fixing to fire him and possibly for cause. I said it earlier, but had Steele and Simon made the trip without Pruitt and Ansley it would look a lot different.

Reactions: MarcoVol
Dont exactly like it if HT, Crouch & Wanya go but honestly if we trade them for a coach like Freeze sign me up today. Im worried about Tennessee Football 2025 not 2021.
Agreed, the question is will we have enough talent to lure a good HC, or is it just about throwing money and a chance at P5 position.

“If you wanted to bring him back you say ‘the investigation is ongoing but we plan on bringing Pruitt back’ if you don’t plan on bringing him back I don’t know how else you handle it until the report is in hand.”

- Blake Toppmeyer on Basilio's radio show.
That’s a good point

Reactions: nicksjuzunk
“If you wanted to bring him back you say ‘the investigation is ongoing but we plan on bringing Pruitt back’ if you don’t plan on bringing him back I don’t know how else you handle it until the report is in hand.”

- Blake Toppmeyer on Basilio's radio show.
He also said, if these were just minor issues then you don't need to bring in an outside law firm because your compliance department can handle it

The guys who came to change the culture are fleeing when it's their time to finally be in charge.
Good riddance! Clean house from Pruitt to the 3 win recruits he brought in that don’t want to be here!
He should of been standing in the unemployment line with Mason, Gus, Muschamp a month ago.

In the same, the hiring freeze obviously meant he was being fired. In reality, that wasnt true either.

Since then a coach has been hired and Pruitt was interviewed again this time by outside investigators. The day after he boards a plane to Cal to re recruit a current player.

I dont know that there has been a decision made, but at worse Pruitt and those controlling his fate havent gotten bad enough news to ground him yet. Doesnt make sense why UT would want him doing that on their dime if they are fixing to fire him and possibly for cause. I said it earlier, but had Steele and Simon made the trip without Pruitt and Ansley it would look a lot different.

Too many things pointing to too much churn in here based on lots of speculation and defining a narrative instead of what actually may be. Occam's Razor...

I have learned to adopt the level of acceptance that children of deadbeat fathers have when it's 8PM on their birthday and their dad still hasn't called them to wish them a happy bday. "Yeah, this isn't changing, and I'm done with expectations."
Sounds like my son's philosophy in dealing with his deadbeat biological mother....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back