Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tony B basically saying that Pruitt is going out to Cali, gonna lie to Henry T's face about coming back in the name of doing his job, and that's that.

I sincerely doubt that. I don't know why he would want to do that. But I really don't know why anyone in the AD would want him to do that. If he talks to Henry and you fire him a day later, that is completely counter productive.

What I’m about to say is both groundbreaking and important:

Basilio DON’T KNOW SH*T. Nobody does.

This prolonged investigation is on the Chancellor. She wanted to bring in outside counsel; she wanted to dig deeper and uncover everything. She wants to run the program by the book. The "right way." In the SEC. While UT tries to compete with Bama, UGA, UF, Auburn, LSU, aTm, etc., etc.
Donde Plowman to VN...neti-deal.gif
(I don't know why but I love this GIF)

Siap hubbs:

I'm not saying he's back till the Chancellor tells me he's back.

Pruitt went and saw Crouch and Morris before ever meeting with investigators. This trip to California was scheduled before Pruitt's meeting yesterday.

So we still don't know what the investigation is going to turn up with Pruitt. I think this is the chancellor's call and I would say she's going to be getting the findings report from the Glazier group in the next day or so.
Conspiracy time. I do not believe this is true, but if you are looking for optimism.

Pruitt knows he's done. Himself and the rest of the coaching staff are being sent over there as their last act as UT coaches to sell Henry T on the idea of Pruitt's good friend Kevin Steele running the defense. Picking up Steele on the way is the fundamental difference between this meeting and the other ones.

Lol. Maybe we can cling to that for a while.

Henry was planning on skipping class on Monday and going into the portal shortly after.

I still think that's where this ends up.
tenor.gif

Reactions: VOLSONLY
That’s what happens when you have the biggest rebuild the university has faced since the 1970’s..... you have to flip that roster..... no one has patience any more..... I’m good with replacing him depending on who we get but we will stay in the same position as we are now if we don’t allow the next coach to rebuild us.
Butch had a bigger rebuild and did a better job quicker. Year three we were pretty good, didn't get blown out, beat UGA and almost beat Bama. Butch left Pruitt with a better roster than Dooley left Butch. Year 3 Butch was starting mostly players he recruited.

If theres one thing that doesnt add up to me, its the idea that Pruitt "is just doing his job" while he knows he's gone and UT is trying to get out of paying him the buyout. Theres a small few who have the best feel for what the end will look like. Pruitt and Phil would be 2 of them. I cant see Pruitt going to too much trouble to convince kids to stay and play for somebody else while he walks away. He obviously feels like somebody is fighting with him and not against him.

I agree that may change, and if I was leaning one way or the other it would be UT moving on without him. But its not overwhelming
Same.

If he's going to be fired, it's obvious he doesn't think it's coming. Or at the very least he thinks he can talk his way out of it.

Reactions: BigSteve09
Butch had a bigger rebuild and did a better job quicker. Year three we were pretty good, didn't get blown out, beat UGA and almost beat Bama. Butch left Pruitt with a better roster than Dooley left Butch. Year 3 Butch was starting mostly players he recruited.
Butch was also helped by neither Florida or Georgia being great during the time he was here. If those 2 schools were running then like they are now, Butch would have been canned after 3 years.

Reactions: MrWiz
What I’m about to say is both groundbreaking and important:

Basilio DON’T KNOW SH*T. Nobody does.
I mean most people who claim to know stuff really don't know ****. So if you use that rule you'll be right most of the time. But certain people in the media definitely do have a pulse of the situation.

Siap hubbs:

I'm not saying he's back till the Chancellor tells me he's back.

Pruitt went and saw Crouch and Morris before ever meeting with investigators. This trip to California was scheduled before Pruitt's meeting yesterday.

So we still don't know what the investigation is going to turn up with Pruitt. I think this is the chancellor's call and I would say she's going to be getting the findings report from the Glazier group in the next day or so.
There ya go guys he’s still not for certain coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back