Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he’s staying, why not shut down speculation NOW and move on? Staying quiet
on him returning does nothing but more harm and creates more discontent among the fan base and ire/mockery with national media.
It makes more sense that they are getting their ducks in a row, paperwork signed/filed and next steps worked out so the transition can be as seamless as possible.
We are UT, though...so!

If this is all a big nothing burger bravo UT you could have just endorsed him a while back and said you were self reporting violations. If it turned out the investigation uncovered bad things about Pruitt you could have fired him at your convenience.

Their actions make no sense.

I'm about to be crucified for this, but maybe, just maybe, it was one of those years and he pulls one of these...
View attachment 339310
Highly doubtful. Pruitt doesn't understand what a competent offense is and the defense is rough. Plus the SEC East is tougher than the ACC. If all goes right 9 will be his ceiling next year but tnh he will be lucky to win 7. More likely 5 is where he finishes.

I'm about to be crucified for this, but maybe, just maybe, it was one of those years and he pulls one of these...
View attachment 339310
I don't think this example applies. The proof of concept was already rolled out by the end of 2009. 2010 was a true rebuild and they were still very competitive in all of their loss, sans South Carolina. 2011 the cart was already back on the tracks and everyone saw where this was going.

edit: I will say it made me laugh going through the early Dabo years at Clemson and seeing South Carolina being a party pooper every year. Spurrier is such an a-hole lmao

Highly doubtful. Pruitt doesn't understand what a competent offense is and the defense is rough. Plus the SEC East is tougher than the ACC. If all goes right 9 will be his ceiling next year but tnh he will be lucky to win 7. More likely 5 is where he finishes.
Absolutely no way he wins more than 5.
He will be lucky as all hell to win 4 games next year.
We are going to be WORSE next year.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Dont worry guys. In a few hours you will get another nice nugget of absolutel truth from some source or insider to put your mind at ease and convince you Pruitt is fired.
Why are you so surprised and outraged at yet another turn in today's episode of "As the VolNation Turns"?

Calm down, all is right with the world..

Go Kiffinators!.... Right? 😎

If this is all a big nothing burger bravo UT you could have just endorsed him a while back and said you were self reporting violations. If it turned out the investigation uncovered bad things about Pruitt you could have fired him at your convenience.

Their actions make no sense.
Its pretty much what it is. Pissed fans start rumors and the media runs with them for the clicks. There never was a coaching search for the university just one in the minds of the fans.

View attachment 339310
All of Clemsons losses except one were really close that 6-7 year. They lost in OT to eventual national champion Auburn. They lost by 3 to a 10-4 FSU. They were really close to being good. They didn't get blown out at all.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Why are you getting hung up on only guys who were going to play next year?

My point is that several guys that we had from last year's team, which already sucked to begin with, won't be back next year. Regardless of the reason. We're losing a bunch of people off a team that already sucked.
I guess I'm missing your point then.

This last month has made me a Jeremy Pruitt fan. All he does amongst all this bullets flying at him is go to work.
I hope he survives this thing
I think his work ethic is admirable, but I'm still not a fan of the results. You can admire and respect attributes without "being a fan". I respect Nick Saban, but I'm certainly not a fan. I respect how Pruitt has handled himself, but as long as he keeps losing and making a complete mess of our program, I'm not a fan of his.

Always be a Vol fan though.

Absolutely no way he wins more than 5.
He will be lucky as all hell to win 4 games next year.
We are going to be WORSE next year.
Exactly. We have failed miserably to develop a QB. Hooker is ok but wasn't anything amazing at VT. We are replacing 3 starters on the O line. I expect something resembling a spring practice but im not sure we get full camps this year which sets what little development Pruitt might do back. Its gonna be ugly next year as well.

Reactions: DustyRockSolid
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back