Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont worry guys. In a few hours you will get another nice nugget of absolutel truth from some source or insider to put your mind at ease and convince you Pruitt is fired.
And you’ll be hurtling your VN body in front of it like it were the Apocalypse itself...got it. 😴

What actual information do we have so far from the University and Knoxville Media?

Let's exclude all message board gossip from supposed insiders (Bob_Vols, Atlanta Vol, etc...).

We know there is an investigation going on.

We know the university hired a law firm.

We thought there was a hiring freeze as reported by media, but then hires were made.

247 keeps saying they don't know the fate of Pruitt until the investigation is complete. Rivals is saying the same thing.

Pruitt still seems to be doing his job. Got a transfer QB, interviewing staff, and flying to meet HT.

Am I missing anything else?

Butch had a bigger rebuild and did a better job quicker. Year three we were pretty good, didn't get blown out, beat UGA and almost beat Bama. Butch left Pruitt with a better roster than Dooley left Butch. Year 3 Butch was starting mostly players he recruited.
Butch left more raw talent, but none of it was developed. Dooley left Butch arguably the best OL in the league behind Bama.

UT spending thousands of dollars to fly out to see a guy who doesn't really want to be here is right up their alley of not making sense. If you dont want to be at this school, I'm not going to worry. Don't commit to a coach. You were great as a freshman and couldn't cover anyone this year. One linebacker isn't the difference in winning a single game. Qb, maybe, but not a lb. Oh well, buckle up because this is going to be fun. 😄

Never understood the criticism of committing to a coach. Everyone, in everyday life, are around people or get advice from people they trust. That's life.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Can student-athletes transfer and play immediately if UT has severe enough NCAA penalties?
That has been the rule in the past. I believe the QB, who transferred to Michigan when Freeze was popped at Ole Miss, was eligible immediately. There is a problem with this though because the NCAA moves very slowly and they haven't investigated UT. The investigation of UT is an in house investigation right now.

Reactions: Hollovol05
Yep. Investigation has gone on too long with way too much rumormongering. If fans are sick of the uncertainty and escalating negativity, imagine how players feel-- especially the ones who want to protect their NFL dreams. Not sure they've circled the wagons quickly enough.
Nothing against this message but they haven’t circled anything. They’ve Marooned a whole convoy and watched it get surrounded with binocs from the top of the ridge.

I'm awaiting a public statement backing Pruitt as our coach for next season. At this point logic would tell us you must come out in support of him. If our attempt to sway Henry and others back is because Pruitts our man then the AD/University should issue a formal statement while the plane is in flight. Put this thing to bed at least w Pruitt, if he is safe and coming back. It only makes sense, right? What am I missing...?

Siap hubbs:

I'm not saying he's back till the Chancellor tells me he's back.

Pruitt went and saw Crouch and Morris before ever meeting with investigators. This trip to California was scheduled before Pruitt's meeting yesterday.

So we still don't know what the investigation is going to turn up with Pruitt. I think this is the chancellor's call and I would say she's going to be getting the findings report from the Glazier group in the next day or so.
If Pruitt had rough meetings all day yesterday which showed damning enough evidence for him to be fired.... He wouldn't be on a plane today with current staff heading to Toots....evidently Plowman =Davenport.... this is nuts make an announcement....

Butch had a bigger rebuild and did a better job quicker. Year three we were pretty good, didn't get blown out, beat UGA and almost beat Bama. Butch left Pruitt with a better roster than Dooley left Butch. Year 3 Butch was starting mostly players he recruited.
The rosters was pretty similar but butch only won 7 games in year two..... had josh dobbs as QB..... didn’t face covid in yr three..... was able to sign 30 guys at time to help flip the roster.... Jones would still be our coach if his lies hadn’t hurt recruiting and caused so many guys to leave...... the point still remains that we have to be patient... if Pruitt leaves and we can convince most of our players to stay we will be in a better spot for the next guy..... if they leave then it will be a really big rebuild again.

He lost to Florida in year 3 (by 1). So if he didn't beat UGA (UGA was 10-3 that year) he would have been 8-5. He also lost to OU that finished 5th and was a playoff team in 2 ots. If we arent firing Pruitt for going 3-7 in year three getting blown out every week we wouldn't have fired Jones for 8-5 and losing close games.
It's more than just the results from the games that year. If Georgia and Florida were rolling, Butch's recruiting in the preceding years wouldn't have been as good either, and that 2015 team wouldn't have been anywhere near as good. Neither Richt nor McElwain was setting the world on fire on their recruiting trails, especially the Shark Humper.

Butch would have gotten eaten alive in the 2018-20 SEC East, just like Pruitt has.

What actual information do we have so far from the University and Knoxville Media?

Let's exclude all message board gossip from supposed insiders (Bob_Vols, Atlanta Vol, etc...).

We thought there was a hiring freeze as reported by media, but then hires were made.

247 keeps saying they don't know the fate of Pruitt until the investigation is complete. Rivals is saying the same thing.

Pruitt still seems to be doing his job. Got a transfer QB, interviewing staff, and flying to meet HT.

These are the facts as we all know them. To add to the "media" factor, I'm pretty sure that a decent amount of their information was coming from message board/social media gossip as well.

Honestly, I dont think the right people wanted him fired for 3-7. If they did he would already be gone and the only thing that could change that was the investigation. I think he has more support from the right people than most want to admit. The trip to Cal after the meeting is making me question him being fired more than before.
Gonna come down to the Glazier report and what Plowman and Boyd want to do.

I think the report is bad, and so do others in the know. But hell, maybe they stick with him through it anyway.

This prolonged investigation is on the Chancellor. She wanted to bring in outside counsel; she wanted to dig deeper and uncover everything. She wants to run the program by the book. The "right way." In the SEC. While UT tries to compete with Bama, UGA, UF, Auburn, LSU, aTm, etc., etc.
That sounds like to me she doesn't trust what she's hearing from the AD...

Reactions: RiotVol

I would go as far to say that Kevin Steele was an exception to the hiring freeze, than to say he is proof there wasn't a hiring freeze.

I don't think that's delving too much into speculation.

Annnd by being silent throughout all this. they can always still pull this out of their hat...

"Up until today we've been going about business as usual until we were able to digest the results of the investigation. Unfortunately, after doing so, it has become clear we are going to have to parts way with CJP."

UTAD

Reactions: DarthVol1
They are going to let Pruitt ride and now we will have a coach that can't develop talent, can't make in game adjustments, recruits par for the course at best, and now how is compliance issues in his file. Just F'ing dandy.

Back and forth and back and forth.

Why they allowed him to make a hire if he was out makes no sense

Why is he going to see current players if he’s out

The interviews yesterday should be enough one way or another.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Like you said, I really wish Twitter would go Trump on Vol Twitter

And no I'm not against Free speech but seeking someone or their family out on twitter really makes this place look like it's full of mouth breathers
I thought Twitter was a public social media platform. How dare anyone follow or comment on any one on Twitter!🤣🤣🤣😂

The ole saying goes. “If you can’t take the heat, stay outta the kitchen “.
Translation: if you don’t want to be followed on social media, stay off social media.

Steele, Garner, Ansley, Pruitt and an up and coming Felton minding the Defense. Would that make it the best D-staff in America?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back