Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Siap hubbs:

I'm not saying he's back till the Chancellor tells me he's back.

Pruitt went and saw Crouch and Morris before ever meeting with investigators. This trip to California was scheduled before Pruitt's meeting yesterday.

So we still don't know what the investigation is going to turn up with Pruitt. I think this is the chancellor's call and I would say she's going to be getting the findings report from the Glazier group in the next day or so.
100% the trip was probably planned before the interview. However, the trip would have been cancelled or Prutt would not have joined them on the trip if the investigation led to anything yesterday.

I don't think you sit on that information.

UT spending thousands of dollars to fly out to see a guy who doesn't really want to be here is right up their alley of not making sense. If you dont want to be at this school, I'm not going to worry. Don't commit to a coach. You were great as a freshman and couldn't cover anyone this year. One linebacker isn't the difference in winning a single game. Qb, maybe, but not a lb. Oh well, buckle up because this is going to be fun. 😄

Butch had a bigger rebuild and did a better job quicker. Year three we were pretty good, didn't get blown out, beat UGA and almost beat Bama. Butch left Pruitt with a better roster than Dooley left Butch. Year 3 Butch was starting mostly players he recruited.

He also didn't have the signing day cap set at 25.

Reactions: VolsdeepVFL
Siap hubbs:

I'm not saying he's back till the Chancellor tells me he's back.

Pruitt went and saw Crouch and Morris before ever meeting with investigators. This trip to California was scheduled before Pruitt's meeting yesterday.

So we still don't know what the investigation is going to turn up with Pruitt. I think this is the chancellor's call and I would say she's going to be getting the findings report from the Glazier group in the next day or so.
If Pruitt is being allowed to meet with players, he's definitely coming back.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
There is no way, no way, that Pruitt would be allowed to fly across the country to meet with a current player if UT was seriously thinking about firing him.
Logic dictates this is most likely true... BUT, this is Tennessee and Knoxville is the ******* Twilight Zone lately.

Who the hell knows... 🤷‍♂️

"One day after meeting with compliance and the outside counsel about the internal investigation, Tennessee head coach Jeremy Pruitt is on his way to California to meet with standout linebacker Henry To’oto’o and his family.

Pruitt is joined on the trip west by defensive coordinator Derrick Ansley, Tennessee Player Development Assistant Kevin Simon and sources say they are picking up new defensive assistant Kevin Steele on the way to the west coach. Simon is a De La Salle alum which is where To'oto'o played and Simon was a key factor in To'oto'o selecting the Vols."

- Hubbs and AP
Steele waiting to be picked up...
1610728963118.gif

Look maybe they are going to stop in Reno. Go on a bender. One last hurrah on the universities dime. Bunny Ranch, gambling , drinking . Come back accept the settlement and laugh when they get the credit card bills they ran up.

Yep.
Its one thing for grad transfers to decide to move on.

The perception of Herny T leaving not only hurts with keep other guys on the roster, its a very bad look for recruiting HS and transfers.

Yep. Investigation has gone on too long with way too much rumormongering. If fans are sick of the uncertainty and escalating negativity, imagine how players feel-- especially the ones who want to protect their NFL dreams. Not sure they've circled the wagons quickly enough.

ogww893cZgaME.gif

giphy.gif

Logic dictates this is most likely true... BUT, this is Tennessee and Knoxville is the ******* Twilight Zone lately.

Who the hell knows... 🤷‍♂️
You're right, but I'm not sure even Tennessee is dumb enough to step in front of an oncoming freight train. There's no way they'd let a coach they believe to be guilty of serious NCAA violations fly across the country, or go anywhere, to meet with players.

When Currie went rogue during the last coaching search, they still did call him back and fire him. Not even an organization as dumb as UT put up with that crap.

The more it looks like Pruitt is getting fired, the more he starts to fade into being Bama's defensive coordinator like Marty Mcfly's parents fading out of existence. No way you let that dude go talk to players on his own if he's done.

Butch was also helped by neither Florida or Georgia being great during the time he was here. If those 2 schools were running then like they are now, Butch would have been canned after 3 years.
He lost to Florida in year 3 (by 1). So if he didn't beat UGA (UGA was 10-3 that year) he would have been 8-5. He also lost to OU that finished 5th and was a playoff team in 2 ots. If we arent firing Pruitt for going 3-7 in year three getting blown out every week we wouldn't have fired Jones for 8-5 and losing close games.

Reactions: VolGee4
Same.

If he's going to be fired, it's obvious he doesn't think it's coming. Or at the very least he thinks he can talk his way out of it.
Honestly, I dont think the right people wanted him fired for 3-7. If they did he would already be gone and the only thing that could change that was the investigation. I think he has more support from the right people than most want to admit. The trip to Cal after the meeting is making me question him being fired more than before.

Reactions: Kingston Vol
UT spending thousands of dollars to fly out to see a guy who doesn't really want to be here is right up their alley of not making sense. If you dont want to be at this school, I'm not going to worry. Don't commit to a coach. You were great as a freshman and couldn't cover anyone this year. One linebacker isn't the difference in winning a single game. Qb, maybe, but not a lb. Oh well, buckle up because this is going to be fun. 😄
I get the pride factor here, but come on. Henry T is an elite LB. We would be foolish not to try to keep him. Furthermore, for whatever JP and KS are trying to do on D, you need a smart leader to run the whole thing on the field. We already have that guy on campus, they need to try to keep him. Henry T isn't acting bigger than the program, he's just confused like everyone else in orange. They're trying to close the chapter of confusion and start a new chapter of success. They need him to build around and run the D. Also, we've lost some other LBs and we can't lose him too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back