Things I'm mad about today

These people were out on a sailboat for years and some of them still are.....

My husband’s ex-wife’s sister and her ex-wife (we have an exciting family tree, lol) took 2 1/2 years or so to sail around the world in a thirty foot sailboat, with breaks to come home and earn some more money. I love sailing, but 6-hour alternating watches in the middle of the dang ocean; I dunno. I’m pretty happy puttering just outside the harbor or maybe sailing between islands.

I lived with my aunt and uncle for my senior year of high school after Daddy was transferred to Walter Reed. My uncle had a Cal 2-24 that he sailed from California, and we sailed around the Honolulu area a lot. My lasting memory of it all is his telling me that if I lost a winch overboard, I’d best go overboard after it. $$$

I’d love to take up sailing again, but inland sailing in the mountains... tack tack tack tack

Is it cold there? You might have a critter looking for a warm spot for the night.

My mother was cursed with a family of raccoons in her attic. Non-stop fun.
It’s a little late for them, but field mice love to find their way into a warm residence, if you hear them, they’re usually making noise making a nest.

Yikes, I hate that it’s so close to you going to bed and having that in your mind, 😁 (sorry, had to)
Hey I have got one better than that, about 4 or years ago or so there was a snake in my bedroom and my neighbor came
and killed it...........he told me to stand on one side of my bed with a mop in case it came out that way, but he killed it under my bed
with a two by four, it was just a black snake but anyway........its a jungle over here lol

The scorpions in the cowboy boots bit has always discouraged me from thoughts of living in the southwest.

I thought often about doing a hiking/camping trip from the North rim of the Grand Canyon through to the South rim. The thought of scorpions in my sleeping bag was a big reason I did not. I camped in Southern Utah a lot, but not during the hot months.

And Australia freaks me out because everything is poisonous.

Reactions: VolNExile
Hey I have got one better than that, about 4 or years ago or so there was a snake in my bedroom and my neighbor came
and killed it...........he told me to stand on one side of my bed with a mop in case it came out that way, but he killed it under my bed
with a two by four, it was just a black snake but anyway........its a jungle over here lol
I was 8.999999 months pregnant with my first kid, and DXH was off on a cargo flight, not due to return for another 5-6 days. The cat proudly brought in a king (black?) snake, about a yard or so long, which I’ll admit was pretty far gone. I stood on the bed for a good long while, pondering how someone would find my bloated dead body, before climbing down and gingerly evicting it. whew

PS —snakes, at least mortally wounded snakes, are pretty stinky.

VN Store

Back