Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He say anything about who they might be looking at there?
I don’t know. My prediction? Marrone or Chadwell as of today. I’ll be interested to see if any other names pop up. I know they have vetted several. Only two names leaked have been Marrone and Chadwell. Depending on what the violations and the severity of this could impact the candidate list so it’s really too early to say. Steele is a real possibility if things get to that point. If Pruitt is fired it could get ugly for a year or two between players leaving and sanctions. All depends on this investigation and just how deep it is. No one expected it to go this long when it started.
Bob_Vols

Just 1 question. What exactly is meant by interim? While they are doing a coaching search? Or through next season?.... Well, 3 questions.
My thing is you don't hire Steele to be a interim, then bring in a new coach that( per se might not want him on their staff)...soooooo the only person that is safe on the coaching staff for a few years is Steele... and you dont hire assistants before a head coach...and you dont force assistant coaches on HCs and be successful... Everything's just pointing to Steele becoming HC IMO... Which is just that..my opinion only..who knows

Winning and NFL player development are the two primary factors in recruiting, and I’m not sure what else is even close. These two area need to be dramatically improved for UT ASAP in order to bring in the big dogs. I think of all the names that are being tossed around now, Marrone can improve those two areas the fastest.

My thing is you don't hire Steele to be a interim, then bring in a new coach that( per se might not want him on their staff)...soooooo the only person that is safe on the coaching staff for a few years is Steele... and you dont hire assistants before a head coach...and you dont force assistant coaches on HCs and be successful... Everything's just pointing to Steele becoming HC IMO... Which is just that..my opinion only..who knows
Well, I was feeling better lol. Only thing is Steele could be doing it to help his school and PF while getting his payday from Auburn. If it works into a job for him as DC he would be happy with that. If everyone turns TN down like happened last time, he would be willing to be the hero.

Reactions: VOLSONLY and JT3
Well, I was feeling better lol. Only thing is Steele could be doing it to help his school and PF while getting his payday from Auburn. If it works into a job for him as DC he would be happy with that. If everyone turns TN down like happened last time, he would be willing to be the hero.
Very possible!!.. I just think he made it known at Auburn he wants to be a head coach... Think that's his goal goin forward

Reactions: SweetasSoda
We hired Kevin Steele. But no one knows why. No one knows who. And didn’t give him a title. All the while, UT brass are in a staring match with Texas and lawyers and private investigators are combing our financials. This is a gas.
I'm not going to pretend to know what's going to happen. But I keep thinking about some of the changes in CFB so far. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think Sark and Steele were the 2 highest paid coordinators this past year. They both were making slightly over $2 mill/ year. One leaves for a HC position at blue blood program. The other..... He goes to a floundering program and his title isn't even really clear. So he didn't move up in rank, he didn't even make a lateral move. What they are portraying is that he took a step back at least one rank..... It just doesn't add up for me. Something is up.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back