Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trey Wallace said he spoke with someone close to Wanya today and that Wanya feels like he's been here 2 years and "should be further along"

Can't say I blame him. We've had Friend teach our OL to regress for the last few seasons. I'm sure others will have a different opinion but I feel bad for Wayna and a few other players in the same position as him. I feel like our program has failed them. I've heard Oklahoma and Florida are possible landing spots. I hope he goes there and does well. Its a shame.
I mean if he isn’t “further along” isn’t that kind of on him and not the coaching? Also, wasn’t he injured most of the off season and partially throughout the season...... sounds pretty lame to me.

Reactions: Tennessee Stud
Doug almost made a super bowl. Has had the first winning seasons at places in over a decade. His resume is 10x that of Chadwells. Never mind the fact that Chadwell has never been at the level Tennessee is so it’s possible he could be in over his head....but whole offensive core philosophy is question mark. I think it would work but it’s no guarantee.

I know for almost a certainty that we will never be horrible under Marrone. We may not make a playoff but we will be respectable every year. There’s a chance chadwells offense could totally flop here. What if he realistically needed to flip the entire personnel on offense like leach does at places. You willing to just basically throw away a year or two?

I think you make a good point about Chadwell. His offense may work, but it will probably take a few years to install. I don’t think either candidate would be as successful as Freeze or Herman, but at this point they are both better than Kevin Steele.

I’d love to be a fly on a wall during their meetings
They probably go like this:
Boyd: Well Mrs. Plowman, its seems we have some issues within the football program
Plowman: It certainly does, Coach Fulmer what do you think?
Phil: Well we've come a long way, I finally taught Jermey what asparagus was. Next week we are going to work on, other vegetables.
Boyd&Plowman: No we mean with the football program
Fulmer: Oh, well I guess that's going ok, Jermey just needs more time and a new staff, he can get it done, I know he can. I just installed a new offensive play for him you're going to love it.
Boyd: Oh, okay what is it?
Fulmer: It's a HB dive on first down, but we can run it on second as well.
Plowman: Coach, we already run that too much as it is.
Fulmer: Well yeah, but now we can run it to both sides.
Boyd: See, Mrs. Plowman I told you we have a problem.
Plowman: Indeed we do, now what can we do to fix it?
All 3 together: Hmmmmm, I know we can ignore the obvious good hire, keep Jermey in limbo, watch all of our players transfer, then hire a coach nobody wants.
Boyd: Hmmm that does seem risky
Fulmer: I know a guy, I bet he's Steele available as well. I bet we could get him for a heck of a Steele.
Boyd: Phil what did I say about Steele puns.
Fulmer: So are you in?
Boyd & Plowman: I don't know but lets put him on staff just in case.
Fulmer: That settles it meeting adjourned.
Plowman: I know, lets go find somewhere to sit and have drinks, while everyone thinks we are having super serious discussions about the future of the football program.
Boyd&Fulmer: Im in!!!

They probably go like this:
Boyd: Well Mrs. Plowman, its seems we have some issues within the football program
Plowman: It certainly does, Coach Fulmer what do you think?
Phil: Well we've come a long way, I finally taught Jermey what asparagus was. Next week we are going to work on, other vegetables.
Boyd&Plowman: No we mean with the football program
Fulmer: Oh, well I guess that's going ok, Jermey just needs more time and a new staff, he can get it done, I know he can. I just installed a new offensive play for him you're going to love it.
Boyd: Oh, okay what is it?
Fulmer: It's a HB dive on first down, but we can run it on second as well.
Plowman: Coach, we already run that too much as it is.
Fulmer: Well yeah, but now we can run it to both sides.
Boyd: See, Mrs. Plowman I told you we have a problem.
Plowman: Indeed we do, now what can we do to fix it?
All 3 together: Hmmmmm, I know we can ignore the obvious good hire, keep Jermey in limbo, watch all of our players transfer, then hire a coach nobody wants.
Boyd: Hmmm that does seem risky
Fulmer: I know a guy, I bet he's Steele available as well. I bet we could get him for a heck of a Steele.
Boyd: Phil what did I say about Steele puns.
Fulmer: So are you in?
Boyd & Plowman: I don't know but lets put him on staff just in case.
Fulmer: That settles it meeting adjourned.
Plowman: I know, lets go find somewhere to sit and have drinks, while everyone thinks we are having super serious discussions about the future of the football program.
Boyd&Fulmer: Im in!!!
Tl;Dr.

I'm getting the hang of this.😉

Yeah that’s weak to be honest. He can get out.
I mean I’m just saying it sounds like an excuse.

I would love for him to stay but he literally didn’t practice for like half the year..... then went straight into playing games..... last time I checked this was college ball and if you aren’t able to “prepare fully” you are going to look and feel like you haven’t “progressed”

So, a coach who has been vetted says he’s ok with Steele as his DC. So we snatch Steele up at bargain bin price. One of the best DCs in America. And it’s been said by multiple “insiders” that Steele is gonna be DC only not the interim. Why are we thinking he is gonna be the Interim HC? Let’s see how this plays out. Because Bob_Vols has been spot on so far.

Trey Wallace said he spoke with someone close to Wanya today and that Wanya feels like he's been here 2 years and "should be further along"

Can't say I blame him. We've had Friend teach our OL to regress for the last few seasons. I'm sure others will have a different opinion but I feel bad for Wayna and a few other players in the same position as him. I feel like our program has failed them. I've heard Oklahoma and Florida are possible landing spots. I hope he goes there and does well. Its a shame.
I do not hope he goes to FL and does well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back