Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug almost made a super bowl. Has had the first winning seasons at places in over a decade. His resume is 10x that of Chadwells. Never mind the fact that Chadwell has never been at the level Tennessee is so it’s possible he could be in over his head....but whole offensive core philosophy is question mark. I think it would work but it’s no guarantee.

I know for almost a certainty that we will never be horrible under Marrone. We may not make a playoff but we will be respectable every year. There’s a chance chadwells offense could totally flop here. What if he realistically needed to flip the entire personnel on offense like leach does at places. You willing to just basically throw away a year or two?
I think we could absolutely be horrible under Marrone. Nothing about his record gives me confidence he could/would succeed here. I have no idea what you're seeing to inspire your confidence.

Reactions: ShargioVol
I’m talking myself into hope.

I really like Chadwell and I love some of the innovative stuff he does on offense. If you let him come in and bring his staff on offense, but pair him with Steele and some vets on defense, it would feel a lot like when Florida hired Urban from Utah but kept Charlie Strong on as DC and hired Greg Mattison as Co-DC.

Biggest concern would be Strength and Conditioning coach. Hopefully Steele could use some of his contacts there.
Chadwell could be the next big thing. We don't know

Doug almost made a super bowl. Has had the first winning seasons at places in over a decade. His resume is 10x that of Chadwells. Never mind the fact that Chadwell has never been at the level Tennessee is so it’s possible he could be in over his head....but whole offensive core philosophy is question mark. I think it would work but it’s no guarantee.

I know for almost a certainty that we will never be horrible under Marrone. We may not make a playoff but we will be respectable every year. There’s a chance chadwells offense could totally flop here. What if he realistically needed to flip the entire personnel on offense like leach does at places. You willing to just basically throw away a year or two?
If a change is made and if it’s between Chadwell and Marrone. I’m gonna take my chance with Chadwell. He’s the anti Pruitt at this point and what I mean by that... he’s got personality and spunk.

No one honestly has any idea what coach may succeed here. It is a complete crapshoot. Year after year we see guys who appear to be sure things fail. We see randos win at a high level. The only constant seems to be lucking into a really good QB.

I don’t even care anymore who we hire. I’m just tired of being embarrassing as a program.

So what’s the inside scoop on Wanya
Trey Wallace said he spoke with someone close to Wanya today and that Wanya feels like he's been here 2 years and "should be further along"

Can't say I blame him. We've had Friend teach our OL to regress for the last few seasons. I'm sure others will have a different opinion but I feel bad for Wayna and a few other players in the same position as him. I feel like our program has failed them. I've heard Oklahoma and Florida are possible landing spots. I hope he goes there and does well. Its a shame.

This thread in the NCAA forum claims that Finebaum spoke to Sankey on the subject of Freeze.

Finebaum Clarified the Freeze “Blackball”
This is old news, There was an article written two years ago about this. Pruitt and Saban both wanted to hire Freeze as OC and Sankey told them he didn't want him in the league while Ole Miss was still on probation.. They came off this year..Also, supposedly Phil was on board with him being OC...

My hope with Marrone would be the staff surrounding him. If he can surround himself with an above average staff, I think he can get it done. Granted if we could score Napier or a few others, I'd probably have them higher but Marrone has coached at the highest level and has many contacts in both college and NFL. Think he can sell the NFL vision to recruits.

HC - Marrone
OC - Lebby
RB - Graham
WR - Tee?
OL - ?

DC/LB - Steele
Co-DC & / or DL - Hobby
DL - Garner
DB - ?

S&C - Myslinski

Add in a few missing pieces / analysts and I believe we can reach 9 wins per season on the regular.

Out of curiosity where do you think Marrone gets us? Would he get us 7-9 wins once he gets it going or do you think he could win the East?

I'm not a big fan of him but I do agree he's got a higher floor than Chadwell or Steele, Chadwell is hiring a lottery ticket. He's got a big time ceiling but a floor that we're unfortunately used to lately.
Without knowing yet what the roster is really gonna look like, I don't think there's anyone we could hire, or retain for that matter, that's gonna win enough, fast enough, to satisfy all appetites.

Marrone is a safe hire for the patient crowd.

Chadwell is... Well...I don't know what he is at this level, and that's kinda the problem... He's a gamble and I don't know how long a leash he really gets?

Steele... Kinda like Marronne. He's another adult in the room for those that are ok with being safe.

And if we keep Pruitt we're banking on stability being the primary selling point, and have added Steele to provide some calm and confidence.

I don't see any other scenarios playing out...imo.

Trey Wallace said he spoke with someone close to Wanya today and that Wanya feels like he's been here 2 years and "should be further along"

Can't say I blame him. We've had Friend teach our OL to regress for the last few seasons. I'm sure others will have a different opinion but I feel bad for Wayna and a few other players in the same position as him. I feel like our program has failed them. I've heard Oklahoma and Florida are possible landing spots. I hope he goes there and does well. Its a shame.

Hope we somehow talk him in to staying, but if he chooses to leave for Oklahoma, I'll wish him well. Not so much if he chooses Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back