Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not going to lose money per se, but the reason why he signed up with UT is because we get him at a bargain price, and Auburn is on the hook for most of it. Signs just don’t point that direction, and it’s fan freak out.
Agree to disagree

Chadwell > Marrone

I’m not even a big fan of Chadwell either

Which one is gonna have the better sales pitch to Ty Simpson and family or Arch Manning and family?

We already watched one lifelong UT fan in Trevor Lawrence go to some other team because of the offensive scheme we ran. I’d rather not watch it happen again.

I believe Pruitt will be presented with all the findings of the investigation tomorrow. I believe he will be asked some tough questions. I believe if he lies or tries to cover anything up he will be fired with cause. If he tells the truth I believe he could still be fired or have a small chance of coming back depending on how severe those violations are. Based on things that I’ve heard, I do not believe he will survive this. I do not expect him to be fired right away unless he is ready to negotiate a buyout after the interview. There’s a lot of unknowns on how this meeting will go. What exactly do they present to him? How severe are the violations? How does he react? Does he lie? Etc.

I know I have been wrong on the timeline several times. That is because every time they get close to being done with this thing something new pops up and they have to follow up and look into it. There’s a reason they are interviewing Pruitt last. I do believe this is going to be wrapped up after tomorrow and a decision will be made no later than Sunday. Team meeting is Monday which is on par for starting the semester. I can’t imagine they let Pruitt do that meeting and fire him afterwards.

In the event he is fired, I believe Steele will be the interim coach. Yes Pruitt wanted him here and yes Pruitt hired him. Steele also understands the situation and what he was coming into as Chris Lowe explained today on the radio. Fulmer has done a phenomenal job holding this together with current players. Once this is all over I may go into more detail on some things. As of today based on what I think I know and have been told, I believe Pruitt has a 10% chance of surviving this. Nothing would shock me because it’s Tennessee. I think at this point with how badly Pruitt has been knee capped this offseason and how badly relationships have been damaged, it is best for Pruitt and the University to part ways. That’s JMO. Take it for what it’s worth. I can only tell you my opinion based off what I know. I’m ready for this to be over as I’m sure everyone is. Go Vols!
Bob_Vols...posted tonight

Charles Davis is probably the most qualified person in our family to make the next hire. Dude has more contacts in the coaching industry than you can count. All that tv work he does the pre production meetings with the coaches the week before the game. I mean it’s like he has already interviewed and vetted most these guys by default. I would let him head it up

Charles Davis is probably the most qualified person in our family to make the next hire. Dude has more contacts in the coaching industry than you can count. All that tv work he does the pre production meetings with the coaches the week before the game. I mean it’s like he has already interviewed and vetted most these guys by default. I would let him head it up
On top of that he had to call games with Bob Bell.

Reactions: quadlee21
What has starts with a B, ends with a B said today?
Pruitt is good with the hire. He worked with Steele at Alabama under Saban. He knows the defense. If Pruitt isn’t retained the next coach will have the opportunity to hire/keep Steele on as well. I know one coached that has been vetted is good with the hire. If not then Tennessee isn’t out anything because of language in the contract being worked out and the money Auburn owes Steele. Win win.
Bob_Vols

Which one is gonna have the better sales pitch to Ty Simpson and family or Arch Manning and family?

We already watched one lifelong UT fan in Trevor Lawrence go to some other team because of the offensive scheme we ran. I’d rather not watch it happen again.

Neither one of their offenses would do well in the SEC.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: VolNRaleighNC
They might.

Fwiw I know for a fact people close to chadwell think he’s going to be coach very soon.
not sure I’d call them sources and not even sure if it’s just tongue in cheak chit chat but I know family members of chadwell have said it’s going to happen
This reminds me.... A few days a go there was a poster on VQ(that called the Chaney hire and I think the Jancek fire) that was laying out a theory and was confident Chadwell was our next coach. Several people in here posted his comments from VQ. I know @Ron Swanson was one. I can't remember his username. Has he said anything else since then?

Y’all are crazy if you don’t think Chadwell could get highly rated QB’s. What kind of offense do the Chiefs run? Ravens? Seahawks? They all have elements of spread option.
Hopefully he wouldn't try to force the old square peg into a round hole. See Butch Jones, Quinten Dormady, and Justin Worley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back