Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when I thought it could not get any more bizarre, some of you all seem to like John Adams. What the actual hell?

I'm not a fan of adams, tbh. However, he's blunt and been pretty much spot on with the dysfunction thats been on the hill for the past 13 years. Gotta give him that.

Ty Chandler wouldn’t have seen the field when they had Stephens, Henry, Lewis, Cedric Houston, etc. Chandler would’ve rode the bench if he was on any of the early 90s to mod 2000s teams.

Yeah - all of those were special and a whole lot more going back to Walter Chadwick. Loved them all.

But opinions are not facts. The reverse could also be true. None of those guys may have been jack shiz running behind the current O-lines and in the offenses of today while only getting 100-150 carries a season and having to play injured because the depth stinks.

Would have been interesting to see Ty run behind one the late 90s early 2000's OLines

Some on here act like he wasn't a big loss, but forget how bad our offense/line has been the past few years. He just upgraded and went to a preseason top 10 team for next year. Can't blame him and wish him well.

...and the backs playing with Stephens debunks the validity of your stats but you are simply too stubborn to acknowledge you have lost the debate.
No it doesn't.

Travis through his career carried the football more times than Ty did for a slightly less per carry avg.

The only relevance that would have is if Travis had the same or more rushing yards on less carries (meaning his ypc was substantially higher) because of who he played with for a better ypc avg.

When given the football the stats show what happened. And it was extremely similar.

Speaking of players on their teams at that time.

Who you taking? Tee Martin and Casey Clausen or JG

If you re picking an OL? UT late 90s early 00s or 2017 - 2020

Last edited:
Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
It’s such a weird feeling

I’ve been a fan for years, became obsessed with recruiting and that kind of tapered of the last two years. Now, I literally don’t care who transfers. I’m just not interested. The coaching drama is interesting to me but I’m really losing the more passionate aspects of my fandom

No it doesn't.

Travis through his career carried the football more times than Ty did for a slightly less per carry avg.

The only relevance that would have is if Travis had the same or more rushing yards on less carries (meaning his ypc was substantially higher) because of who he played with for a better ypc avg.

When given handed the football the stats show what happened. And it was extremely similar.

It really didn't matter who was playing running back back then because oline play was that good. We had success no matter who was playing. I miss those days.

Reactions: UTfan94
It’s such a weird feeling

I’ve been a fan for years, became obsessed with recruiting and that kind of tapered of the last two years. Now, I literally don’t care who transfers. I’m just not interested. The coaching drama is interesting to me but I’m really losing the more passionate aspects of my fandom
This post gives me all the sads.

No it doesn't.

When given handed the football the stats show what happened. And it was extremely similar.

Qb-JG of course!
OL-tie.😎

Reactions: BeecherVol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back