Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, Stephens didn't do jack until his senior season. He waited his turn and had a great year, but who knows if Ty would have had similar numbers. Stephens got 291 carries that season, Ty never saw more than 135 in a season.

I can understand why the comparison exist, although I'm not sure it's fair to either player considering different eras. One guy was featured and the other was always in a RBBC situation. I'll honestly never understand why the staff felt Tim Jordan should get so many carries. Last year we had 3 guys get over 100 carries

Reactions: Vols4us
If it's HB, let him go cause we have 2 really good ones coming in
How do you know they'll be good? Hooker lost his starting job to Burmeister at Virginia Tech and he was 2-5 as a starter this year, they were 3-0 without him. He really struggles throwing the ball and Fuente didn't even play him at all the last game of the season. Salter has tons to learn and needs time to put on weight and strength and to learn the offense, plus he really isn't much of a passer yet. We woud probably win 3 games next year at most if he is forced to play and it wouldn't be fair to him.

If Pruitt was fired tonight and we lost 12-18 players (Henry T, Eric Gray, HB and a few others like them) before next season and went 4-8, 5-7 all of you saying the players that don’t want to be here can get out would be the same people calling to fire whoever the coach was!

It’s insane around here!
Wrong. Everyone expects a bad year. No one would be mad at a new coach inheriting what is going on. It’s probably best to move on now and just suffer the short term bad for the long term good. Shoot we’ve been doing that for ten years.

Stephens career stats were kept in check because he played in the same backfield as Shawn Bryson, Jamaal Lewis and Travis Henry. I watched both. Again how can one argue that losing Stephens , an All American is comparable to losing an barely average 2nd string Rb? View attachment 338919
I watched both as well.

Travis averaged 4.8 a carry while Ty avg 4.9. And Travis had more opportunities regardless of who he played with.

Had Travis averaged 6 a run you would have a point. He didn't, so you don't.

The fact remains, statistically their careers were very similar. Which were very good.

If Pruitt was fired tonight and we lost 12-18 players (Henry T, Eric Gray, HB and a few others like them) before next season and went 4-8, 5-7 all of you saying the players that don’t want to be here can get out would be the same people calling to fire whoever the coach was!

It’s insane around here!
No logic whatsoever

It’s insane around here!
We're losing players now, so? I don't think Pruitts job status has as much bearing as so many think. Kids feel like they have an opportunity somewhere else and most are being told the NCAA will eventually approve the 1 time transfer. I just hope they don't get screwed

I watched both as well.

Travis averaged 4.8 a carry while Ty avg 4.9. And Travis had more opportunities regardless of who he played with.

Had Travis averaged 6 a run you would have a point. He didn't, so you don't.

The fact remains, statistically their careers were very similar. Which were very good.
Chandler was not even close to making people miss like Stephens or even Gray. That’s why he lost his starting job to Gray. Gray in some ways may be the equal of Stephens. Chandler certainly isn’t. Why don’t you start a poll of who VN members think was better between Chandler and and Stephens.CA7EEDB6-A87B-4696-BAC4-8374428A8167.gif

Reactions: give_him 6
Wrong. Everyone expects a bad year. No one would be mad at a new coach inheriting what is going on. It’s probably best to move on now and just suffer the short term bad for the long term good. Shoot we’ve been doing that for ten years.

Give me a bad year with a first year HC and staff. Let the best players play and have fun and make mistakes and improve as the season goes. I'll roll with that.

Much better than having a bad year with a 4th year HC who has no clue and the players keep making the same mistakes and play uptight as hell. Frustrating AF.

Chandler was not even close to making people miss like Stephens or even Gray. That’s why he lost his starting job to Gray. Gray in some ways may be the equal of Stephens. Chandler certainly isn’t. Why don’t you start a poll of who VN members think was better between Chandler and and Stephens.
While I agree with you in thinking Stephens was the better back, by simply polling VN that proves nothing. Have you seen some of the opinions expressed here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back