Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s such a weird feeling

I’ve been a fan for years, became obsessed with recruiting and that kind of tapered of the last two years. Now, I literally don’t care who transfers. I’m just not interested. The coaching drama is interesting to me but I’m really losing the more passionate aspects of my fandom
well said, bra.

Do you consider Hurd a VFL? Do we get to claim Kamara or does Bama?
Personally I don’t consider Hurd a VFL although I was a fan. He left and had a good go at Baylor. AK I do bc he ended his career here.
I guess my metrics are you play til you graduate, leave for NFL, leave due to career ending injury or finish your career here. All those are choices to end as a vol (minus graduates who might leave bc their grad degree is at another school or like Ty, they received a diploma here before they moved on.

No it doesn't.

Travis through his career carried the football more times than Ty did for a slightly less per carry avg.

The only relevance that would have is if Travis had the same or more rushing yards on less carries (meaning his ypc was substantially higher) because of who he played with for a better ypc avg.

When given handed the football the stats show what happened. And it was extremely similar.

Speaking of players on their teams at that time.

Who you taking? Tee Martin and Casey Clausen or JG

If you re picking an OL? UT late 90s early 00s or 2017 - 2020

Clausen. Late 90s line.

It’s such a weird feeling

I’ve been a fan for years, became obsessed with recruiting and that kind of tapered of the last two years. Now, I literally don’t care who transfers. I’m just not interested. The coaching drama is interesting to me but I’m really losing the more passionate aspects of my fandom

That's the only thing keeping me interested. We keep coming to these tipping points over the past 15 years. Wish they would get it right before they lose all of the core fans.

Personally I don’t consider Hurd a VFL although I was a fan. He left and had a good go at Baylor. AK I do bc he ended his career here.
I guess my metrics are you play til you graduate, leave for NFL, leave due to career ending injury or finish your career here. All those are choices to end as a vol (minus graduates who might leave bc their grad degree is at another school or like Ty, they received a diploma here before they moved on.
I think the Blue Dragons called dibs on Kamara...

It really didn't matter who was playing running back back then because oline play was that good. We had success no matter who was playing. I miss those days.
Of the guys that were on those teams no.
We ran it well regardless of who got it.
Even back to Stewart, Hayden, Garner, Webb, Cobb ....

They were all very talented but they played on some good and balanced offenses as well.

Reactions: BloodShovel
I'll always love UT football, but it's breaking my heart. I really do not like the people currently in charge of stewarding it as they are obviously doing their damnedest to do the maximum amount of harm they can possibly do. And Fulmer is the one pissing me off the most because he should actually care, and it feels like he's just pissing on it. He played here. He coached here. He has to know what's going on right now is hurting the program. But still he does nothing. That's just inexcusable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back