Kevin Steele. One of the worst coaches in NCAA History...

Guy is a good (but not great) DC. He has experience. Has connections to guys in the portal. Has recruiting connections. From a financial perspective, very low risk.

Taken in a vacuum, this is a very solid hire. Taken with the backdrop of our ClusterF program, not so sure but with the financial risk this low, seems to be OK

Actually he is a great DC. According to Swain, he’s one of the best if not the best DC in CFB. He’s also a great recruiter to boot

I’ve said this a million times.Some guys are just not cut out to handle the pressure and day to day grind of being a head coach. Muschamp is a good example.He will be a great dc where ever he decides to go. I think lots of good quality coaches are just better coaching one side of the ball or as a position coach.
I'm not arguing Steele should be the head coach, to be perfectly clear. But the last time Steele was a head coach, I still had dial up internet.

I think it's safe to say he isn't that same guy any more. That isn't to say he is the answer... But there isn't really anything from 2002 I would say is super relevant today.

Reactions: Evergrenevol
These were hired at Tennessee as head coach in charge of everything. None were hired by the other coaches as head coach. Steele is being hired as a position coach. Your use as example is ludicrous.

Bet he is our head coach for at least 1 game next season.

I think Steele is a great addition to any staff. I don’t think he needs to be given a shot at the head coach, which is possibly what Fulmer has told him To get him here. Why else would he come here. He could be a DC just about anywhere but he’s gonna come here and be a position coach, doesn’t make sense, unless they think Ansley may be leaving sometime soon.

VN Store

Back