Kevin Steele. One of the worst coaches in NCAA History...

GTBATV

While I agree and wish Pruitt would be canned, if we are going to keep Pruitt, which it looks like we will, then this is not a bad hire. Like another poster here said our defensive coaching leaves a lot to be desired.
Oh, I agree. Steele is definitely an improvement over our current staff. And under normal circumstances, I would say a good hire. I just have mixed feelings on how I think the program direction should be.

tn4elvis

Dick LaBeau was terrible also as a head coach, but one of the sharpest defensive minds of all time... Head coaching record isn't an indication of the ability to coach an offense or defense...
I’ve said this a million times.Some guys are just not cut out to handle the pressure and day to day grind of being a head coach. Muschamp is a good example.He will be a great dc where ever he decides to go. I think lots of good quality coaches are just better coaching one side of the ball or as a position coach.

Skippy95

#hughtothehill
Steele could be a savvy move. I think if I’m Chadwell or Napier, even freeze, I’m thinking Steele as my DC or somehow retaining Steele and Ansley to run my defense is a damn good move.

RockyTop140

...and wasn’t that Pruitts strength coming in? It’s a gaum. Anyway u look at it. Next excuse will be talent...”we just need players”. Welp they all leaving cause it’s a gaum.
That’s his strength. Yes. But he’s head coach now, he can’t spend all his time with the defense. Like I said, I think he should be gone. But since we’re keeping him, Steele is a good pick-up.

VN Store

Sponsors