Kevin Steele. One of the worst coaches in NCAA History...

As Butch Jones is to Alabama so is Steele to Tennessee. He will be in the same position of importance as Butch was at Alabama !

While I agree and wish Pruitt would be canned, if we are going to keep Pruitt, which it looks like we will, then this is not a bad hire. Like another poster here said our defensive coaching leaves a lot to be desired.

Oh, I agree. Steele is definitely an improvement over our current staff. And under normal circumstances, I would say a good hire. I just have mixed feelings on how I think the program direction should be.

Dick LaBeau was terrible also as a head coach, but one of the sharpest defensive minds of all time... Head coaching record isn't an indication of the ability to coach an offense or defense...
I’ve said this a million times.Some guys are just not cut out to handle the pressure and day to day grind of being a head coach. Muschamp is a good example.He will be a great dc where ever he decides to go. I think lots of good quality coaches are just better coaching one side of the ball or as a position coach.

Steele could be a savvy move. I think if I’m Chadwell or Napier, even freeze, I’m thinking Steele as my DC or somehow retaining Steele and Ansley to run my defense is a damn good move.

Reactions: De La Cloobs
So was Dooley, Butch Jones, and Pruitt

These were hired at Tennessee as head coach in charge of everything. None were hired by the other coaches as head coach. Steele is being hired as a position coach. Your use as example is ludicrous.

Fulmer is a idiot.
It never fails to amuse me that when someone makes a comment about the intelligence of another individual......they blunder and show their own lack of intelligence. “A” or “An” is 2nd grade level. It is worse than there, they’re, their. At least that can be blamed on spellcheck.

Reactions: USF grad in TN
...and wasn’t that Pruitts strength coming in? It’s a gaum. Anyway u look at it. Next excuse will be talent...”we just need players”. Welp they all leaving cause it’s a gaum.
That’s his strength. Yes. But he’s head coach now, he can’t spend all his time with the defense. Like I said, I think he should be gone. But since we’re keeping him, Steele is a good pick-up.

Reactions: vol05
UT has censored vol fans, they have no input on Tennessee football
Like it or leave it

VN Store

Back