New Ubben tweet a few mins ago 4:45pm Jan 12

I am not speculating on the Pruitt issue.

On face value, Kevin Steele seems to me to be a very good hire. Auburn generally has solid defenses and monster defensive lines. He has worked for top SEC programs as well as Clemson. Definitely an upgrade over any of our current defensive coaches except maybe Ansley.

I’ve figured it out. If Pruitt doesn’t win next season.. Steele enters as HC. If he doesn’t win in 3 years... Fulmer then hires Mel Tucker away from Michigan State (Just prior to him being fired). Fulmer will get this right come hell or high water.

They may keep Pruitt, but I wouldn't conclude that they will from this hire. If it was a coordinator hire, maybe, but this position isn't quite important enough to think that. Devil's advocate would say that they locked down Steele for whatever position the new coach wants to use him for.

That's a bit more persuasive, but I'm still a skeptic, seeing as that's the party line until it isn't.

Too much silence from the administration for me to lean one way or the other right now.

I agree... Or I want to agree. Hyams said his sources told him Steele would be retained if UT and Pruitt part ways. So that's optimistic. But being optimistic about TN is straight up stupid. Expect the worst

I seriously believe were gonna be good. I have said for awhile that there will be a lot of shocked people and changed screen names.
I can believe that and have been on the fence about Pruitt after this year. I do think that a different QB would’ve at least had us to 5-5. I don’t say 10-2 next year but I believe we will see a better product and if it it is Pruitt I will obviously pull for him to do well. Chadwell and Freeze will be available next year if Pruitt fails. I do feel like it is do or die for Pruitt next year tho. A lot of coaches will be “available” if willing to pay.

Well crap! The administration didn't get the hiring freeze memo. That'll teach them for not checking the message boards. They have to be embarrassed, announcing a hire they can't make.

VN Store

Back