New Ubben tweet a few mins ago 4:45pm Jan 12

I couldn't care less about Pruitt at this point. Fulmer needs to be shown the door. The next AD may care about winning and fire Pruitt

Reactions: igotworms
Fulmer hired Steele, Chaney is staying and they will be Fulmer's coordinators, when Phil pulls a Barry Alvarez

Reactions: Thorp32
I’m telling ya we’re gonna be good, Florida and Georgia will be down a little.

Both teams will hang 40+ on us and we’ll get our standard 14 to 17. We’ve all seen this movie before. The upside is that we’ll be watching the film and workin’ like heck. Closing the gap baby!

Reactions: igotworms
But, but, but, we had rumors! Surely to goodness gracious the insiders weren't wrong *again!

But ut is pathetic, get ready for more horrible football most likely.

So.....Pruitt hired Steele which would seem to indicate he is still in charge and will be here next season in which case we are FUBAR.

Or....Fulmer possibly forced one of his old buddies on Pruitt ( who Fulmer interviewed twice for Pruitts job ) and will likely lead to even more dissension amongst the ranks in which case we are FUBAR.

Fulmer and the administration refuse to put their egos aside and start committing to winning.

They don’t care about what the fans want.

Pruitt likely will coach again this upcoming season while Fulmer sits there and watches his beloved program burn down right in front of him.

Oh boy! so when they fire Pruitt next season we got the old fart Steele to take the job I mean it makes sense Phil almost hired him before he hired Pruitt. Tennessee football is dead and buried but at least my fall Saturdays are free.
I think you are spot on regarding the reason for hiring Steele

Fulmer and the administration refuse to put their egos aside and start committing to winning.

They don’t care about what the fans want.

Pruitt likely will coach again this upcoming season while Fulmer sits there and watches his beloved program burn down right in front of him.

Wouldn’t their “egos” lead them to making competent hires if the goal is winning? None of what’s taking place adds up to me. I would not be surprised to see Phil declare himself interim as a “trial run”.

Reactions: Mightyvol
Why would I be. Going according to plan so far.
Since you have insider information is this "new coach" going to be one that unites the fan base or is it going to be the administration gonna be trying to sell the fan base on the hire? By unite I mean will more people be excited for the hire than not.

I am baffled by what is going on in the TN athletic department. Being optimistic, they have already reached out to potential candidates and informally agreed to ink a deal with a new head coach. This potential new head coach wanted Steele as DC and the AD wanted to go ahead and get Steele signed and on staff, possibly for recruiting reasons.

Like I said, that is the optimistic scenario. I really do not know. It is amazing how consistently incompetent the Athletic Department has been since Dickey retired. Hiring Pearl and Barnes are the only competent moves I can think of since Dickey's retirement.

Reactions: Chitlin&theDude
It’s simple now. Pruitt made this hire. A fired or very soon to be fired HC is not going to be allowed to make a hire like this.

Pruitt is the head coach for 2021.
What so bad about this all the top recruits in the 22 class know JP is a lame duck coach in 21 and will be let go after the 21 season, so right now the 22 class will be lucky to be a top 30 class, by keeping JP it will affect the next 2 classes.

Tennessee football. Happy to be competing with Kentucky, Mizzou, and South Carolina for third in the SEC east.
KY and MO will drill UT next year and it wouldn't surprise me if SC didn't beat UT as well. By the end of the year, Vandy will be a toss up. These guys will quit again on JP when the losses start piling up.

Reactions: Seattle Hillbilly
Tennessee football is truly dead. I hope 20K show up at Neyland for the season opener. This administration could care less about winning efff them.
I've said the on here before, and I understand that you are dealing in hyperbole, but most people really don't care how good UT is. People will show up to the games for the social aspect alone, and anyone who wants to give up their season tickets has a line waiting to buy them up. As long as there is a game and tailgating, the actual quality of the team doesn't matter except to a minority of fans like those that post here or call into radio shows.

Tennessee football is truly dead. I hope 20K show up at Neyland for the season opener. This administration could care less about winning efff them.
What a moronic statement. Reminds me of the little kid who didn’t get his way so he whines, pouts, takes his ball and goes home...

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back