New Ubben tweet a few mins ago 4:45pm Jan 12

For him to achieve 8 wins, I'm assuming that this Hendon Hooker turns out to be as good as Dobbs. That along with a number of other things going almost perfect. That's why I call that his ceiling. Most likely we end up 5-7
And 5-7 gets us right back to where we are at right now...should be fired

It’s simple now. Pruitt made this hire. A fired or very soon to be fired HC is not going to be allowed to make a hire like this.

Pruitt is the head coach for 2021.
Oh wasn’t concerned about Pruitt making a hire. Nor do I honestly care. My comment was more along the lines of “getting mixed signals out of Knoxville, not sure what’s going on”. Just last week we kept hearing “hire freeze” due to pending investigation.

But congratulations to Coach Pruitt and Coach Steele. A deadly combo to restore us back to glory! GBO!!!

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
Give it a few days before we start burning mattresses in Knoxville. Things are still very fluid

I’m not burning anything, but after 13 years of evidence it’s time we stop believing internet conspiracies and just accept what is clearly right in front of us, which is that yet again the administration has botched the off-season and made a simple decision way more complicated than it needed to be.

I’m not burning anything, but after 13 years of evidence it’s time we stop believing internet conspiracies and just accept what is clearly right in front of us, which is that yet again the administration has botched the off-season and made a simple decision way more complicated than it needed to be.

Spot on.

Reactions: CJBlaze
Or alternatively, if they do fire Pruitt, they want Steele as the interim HC until the end of 2021. Which honestly wouldn't be the worst plan.

How is that not a horrible plan? Having an interim for a whole year? That will have a negative effect on recruiting and show that this administration has no clue what it’s doing.

Of course now that you mention it, that’s probably the plan.

“Linda and I are excited to be coming home,” Steele said in the announcement. “Tennessee is a special place to me personally. I am truly grateful to Coach Pruitt and Coach Fulmer for this opportunity, and I am eager to get to work alongside them once again.

would suggest pruitt is staying.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
It’s simple now. Pruitt made this hire. A fired or very soon to be fired HC is not going to be allowed to make a hire like this.

Was there ever any doubt or was it just a lot of wishful thinking?

They may keep Pruitt, but I wouldn't conclude that they will from this hire. If it was a coordinator hire, maybe, but this position isn't quite important enough to think that. Devil's advocate would say that they locked down Steele for whatever position the new coach wants to use him for.

“Linda and I are excited to be coming home,” Steele said in the announcement. “Tennessee is a special place to me personally. I am truly grateful to Coach Pruitt and Coach Fulmer for this opportunity, and I am eager to get to work alongside them once again.

would suggest pruitt is staying.

That's a bit more persuasive, but I'm still a skeptic, seeing as that's the party line until it isn't.

Too much silence from the administration for me to lean one way or the other right now.

VN Store

Back