Its being rumored that Marrone has been chosen.

I don't know. I'm not just trying to argue... but there just aren't any guarantees. Those two could be so counter to UT's AD culture that it wouldn't work. Marrone could fit like hand in glove. You don't know who the players will gravitate to.

It would also matter who was hired as OC and how much freedom he was given to juice up the O.
Caldwell and Freeze are such no Brainers that it seems insane to me that anyone would consider Marrone over them. It seems about 99% more likely Doug Marrone would not work over a guy who made Coastal Carolina number 12 in the country just a few years into being an FBS team and a guy who did basically the same with Liberty, plus beating Bama twice with Ole Miss. Marrone is a safer pick maybe? Its a conservative pick. I cant imagine any other program that would be capable of ignoring Freeze and Caldwell for Doug Marrone.

How could those two guys be counter to UT's culture? Or is it counter to the way Philip Fulmer thinks? Lots of people want Fulmer gone, but how much do we really know what kind of person Fulmer is?

Saban was a failed.NFL coach too. So, I'd say we're headed to the top now, right? Phil doin' work.

So in two posts you have heard credible information that:

- Pruitt has been fired
- Doug Marrone has been hired to replace him
- Jamey Chadwell would have come and...
- His QB Grayson McCall would have come with him as a package deal.

Seems legit.

You left out ,
Have zero concern about coaching with possible NCAA sanctions because , hell we don’t need no stinkin scholarships

Uhh this is for the people that think they run a triple option. Seems like nobody has even seen Coastal play.

The SEC has to many athletes to run that offense. If it was a world beater don’t you think some of the best teams in the country would study it and at least take parts and incorporate it into their offense? There has been many “new and revolutionary offenses” that have come and gone by the wayside after DC’s figure it out. JMO

Marrone did well enough at Syracuse to land an NFL job in the same general market. You guys beat up NFL pedigreed coaches running after a guy from Conway SC at a google college. Consistent bunch I will say that. Marrone would play power football and could build on the decent roster Pruitt has built if indeed Jeremy's time is up. It is laughable the Chad Morrisses, Fedoras, flavors of the month who have receded from memory. Fun to see the latest VN fad.

We’d be the Georgia Tech of the SEC. Win a few but never compete for a championship. Sadly much like the last 14 yrs.
You don't know that and its not the typical triple option GT ran...It's the spread option and it is amazing...It's the same offense UF ran when Tebow was there.

Reactions: sonofUT62
Yeah and wait until that offense falls flat in the SEC. But in all seriousness, it would take Chadwell 2-3 years to get his system fully implemented. Plus you have been seeing his offense operate against weak defenses.
I saw UF win 2 national titles with it so your point is null and void.

Caldwell and Freeze are such no Brainers that it seems insane to me that anyone would consider Marrone over them. It seems about 99% more likely Doug Marrone would not work over a guy who made Coastal Carolina number 12 in the country just a few years into being an FBS team and a guy who did basically the same with Liberty, plus beating Bama twice with Ole Miss. Marrone is a safer pick maybe? Its a conservative pick. I cant imagine any other program that would be capable of ignoring Freeze and Caldwell for Doug Marrone.

How could those two guys be counter to UT's culture? Or is it counter to the way Philip Fulmer thinks? Lots of people want Fulmer gone, but how much do we really know what kind of person Fulmer is?
These hires are why we’re in the place we are now. Head scratching decision from our administration every 3-4 years when we need a new coach. Even an average administration would have Tennessee consistently good. It’s taken complete incompetence to put us where we are now.

You don't know that and its not the typical triple option GT ran...It's the spread option and it is amazing...It's the same offense UF ran when Tebow was there.
I said that it’s just my opinion, it may be the best thing since sliced bread, I just have my doubts about gimmicky offense. Now to say it would be better than what we had this year is an understatement

Marrone did well enough at Syracuse to land an NFL job in the same general market. You guys beat up NFL pedigreed coaches running after a guy from Conway SC at a google college. Consistent bunch I will say that. Marrone would play power football and could build on the decent roster Pruitt has built if indeed Jeremy's time is up. It is laughable the Chad Morrisses, Fedoras, flavors of the month who have receded from memory. Fun to see the latest VN fad.

Because of course, NFL owners never make bad coaching hires, so we should all look on his one good season at Syracuse when it was still in the Big East, as evidence that hes a good coach?

A bit early to start the coach worship, wait till the ink dries at least .

The VolNation rumor cycle in a nutshell:

(1) Completely unsubstantiated rumor posted on VolNation ->
(2) Crappy sports media says they heard a rumor after reading it on VN ->
(3) People see rumor in media, think it's legit, and start sharing with other people; after all if it's in the media it must be true! ->
(4) Someone posts on VN about the rumor, after hearing it from a friend, who heard it from the media, who stole it from VN

Could be wrong, but I swear this is the cycle for like 80%+ of rumors.
Root cause of this phenomenon is the absolute lack of credibility by the media, and it’s not limited to sports media. True journalism died a swift death with the advent of the 24-hour news cycle and social media.

Reactions: tbwhhs
I said that it’s just my opinion, it may be the best thing since sliced bread, I just have my doubts about gimmicky offense. Now to say it would be better than what we had this year is an understatement
You get some SEC speed going in that offense and it can get exciting...Salter and Hooker would be amazing in that offense.

VN Store

Back