Its being rumored that Marrone has been chosen.

Its true that when one posts on these forums, you're likely to get some jerk responses like yours. I came on seeking more info. I did not post the hire as fact. Just because you may not like the rumor doesn't mean it isn't worth asking more info.
No...I think your looking for attention.

Which version of Gus are we getting?
Hopefully the mule that kicks 100 yard field goals.

maxresdefault.jpg

This guy Hiltonheadvol posts this stuff and now all of a sudden there are 3 threads about Doug Marrone and not one person has a clue WHY they are posting about him LMAO...You started a forest fire with a rumor and now VOLnation is burning down with it...My god.

FWIW, winning in the NFL takes more than a HC. It is organizational. So how good are the two organizations he worked with? I almost never watch the NFL and have not followed it for a while.

Interesting that a CFB HC with a 25-25 record would get an NFL gig. A lot you can read into that positive or negative. Syracuse isn't a particularly easy place to win. His record was 25-25. They were 10-37 in the 4 years prior to him. They were 18-31 in the 4 years after him. They had 3 winning seasons in that 12 year span. Two were his and one was the season immediately after he left.

The Eagles fired Doug Pederson this afternoon and he won a Super Bowl.....Lets add him to the mix. ;)

Reactions: Carp
FWIW, winning in the NFL takes more than a HC. It is organizational. So how good are the two organizations he worked with? I almost never watch the NFL and have not followed it for a while.

Interesting that a CFB HC with a 25-25 record would get an NFL gig. A lot you can read into that positive or negative. Syracuse isn't a particularly easy place to win. His record was 25-25. They were 10-37 in the 4 years prior to him. They were 18-31 in the 4 years after him. They had 3 winning seasons in that 12 year span. Two were his and one was the season immediately after he left.
Anything other than Freeze or Caldwell is leaving a lot to be desired to say the least.

Anything other than Freeze or Caldwell is leaving a lot to be desired to say the least.
I don't know. I'm not just trying to argue... but there just aren't any guarantees. Those two could be so counter to UT's AD culture that it wouldn't work. Marrone could fit like hand in glove. You don't know who the players will gravitate to.

It would also matter who was hired as OC and how much freedom he was given to juice up the O.

Sad thing is a Twitter search of Marrone and vols leads you here.

We’ve been trying to replace Kiffin for 10 years. With no success.

Reactions: loservol
Another pathetic hire will be the nail in the coffin for this program. Fan base is already deteriorating, player attrition increasing, we are on life support at this point.

Exactly why I do not understand all the bandwidth burned up on this board on Freeze. He would not have a normal mix of approval vs MEH vs NO. Just cannot pass the test. You cannot start out with that many haters.
Don’t know who will be on the sidelines next year but would bet big bucks it won’t be Freze.

Reactions: bolservol
Hey...let's all start our own threads and see can CLAIM the most outlandish rumors...want too??? Oh wait...we've been doing that for some time now!. My bad...disregard!!!....carry on!!!

Reactions: Wireless1
And yet it seems just like what we’ll do. I’ve got to be honest I was afraid Tee would be the choice. Marrone is a yawn for me. He may end up being a very good coach if he ends up being the choice. He was high on the list when Butch was selected supposedly.

So was Butch.

Reactions: TheVolunteer002
Anything short of a home run, proven winner hire is a recipe for disaster. We are tired of a decade of losers because our administration can't get their own shi* together.

Reactions: loservol

VN Store

Back