Its being rumored that Marrone has been chosen.

I looked at a poll I put up the other day and Marrone was one of eight choices. There were 426 respondents and of those 426 there were 5 voters that thought he would be a good choice for the Head Coaching job. So with that being said and seeing the way things have been going I would say it is a done deal.

No he wasn't.

He exercised a clause in his contract at Buffalo, that allowed him to leave with a year's salary if there was an ownership change, and he was then hired on as the Oline coach by the Jaguars HC Gus Bradley. After Bradley was fired, Marrone became the interim HC, and was then hired as the permanent HC.

Thanks for the clarification.

Would be an absolute pathetic hire
And yet it seems just like what we’ll do. I’ve got to be honest I was afraid Tee would be the choice. Marrone is a yawn for me. He may end up being a very good coach if he ends up being the choice. He was high on the list when Butch was selected supposedly.

Any substantiation to this? I hope not
And Mr. Rumor mill you heard this where?...And I would prefer proof over somebody making up stuff like this...How about a link or an article or a video of him coming out a Phil's office?...Sounds to me like your looking for attention...I suggest you getting a dog or something.

Does anyone really care at this point? If it’s not Marrone we all know it will just be some other horrible hire. We aren’t getting Freeze, Campbell, Napier or any other good college coach.

We are either gonna be stuck with Pruitt, a loser like Marrone or a Mcgoogle coach.

Hate to break it to you but nobody in your post is a consensus homerun hire. One is unacceptable for his ethical breaches as a HC to lots of fans. I am guessing 95% of folks that sit in Neyland have not expressed their views in public forums.

Reactions: Raebo and knox73
If Fulmer is the one to hire a new coach, if indeed there is a need to, does he hire the BEST coach or one the he LIKES the way they coach the best. I think if the latter is the case we will be singing the same words to a different tune.

Hiring Maronne would be such a Tennessee thing to do.......hire a guy no one else is pursuing with the hopes he succeeds so the admin can claim to be the smartest people in the room.

There is absolutely NOTHING even remotely impressive on Maronne’s resume’

Agreed

I don’t know if this is even remotely true but I’m telling everyone on here we better prepare ourselves because whoever we hire I bet is not going to be near the top of our lists.

Just hoping for someone mature who can get us back in the right direction and can assemble a good staff and can recruit well. We want to swing for the fence but expect a ground ball to first and hope it’s at least a double

I highly doubt that an NFL coach would drop down to be a college position coach under a practically lame duck coach. Or a head coach for a program that will need rebuilding again
Possible if he has been read in to the replacement plan. He might know he is coming in to work for Freeze 😉

Hiring Maronne would be such a Tennessee thing to do.......hire a guy no one else is pursuing with the hopes he succeeds so the admin can claim to be the smartest people in the room.

There is absolutely NOTHING even remotely impressive on Maronne’s resume’

Of course it's a $hit hire. What is left for Beldar? He doesn't have many choices and I wouldn't be surprised if Foolmer made this hire. Pretty much right up his alley

Reactions: dlravol2

VN Store

Back