Its being rumored that Marrone has been chosen.

I highly doubt that an NFL coach would drop down to be a college position coach under a practically lame duck coach. Or a head coach for a program that will need rebuilding again
One with aspirations to be a head coach again, this time next season, would. Don’t be surprised to see Marrone and Steele on this staff next season, with both lobbying for Pruitts job next year.
It appears that Phil is trying to surround himself with “his guys,” if all of these rumors are true. Tee, Graham, Marrone, Steele, Garner...
GBO!!

Reactions: TNvolsFanCrook22
As a lifelong Jaguars fan, for all of you, I sincerely hope not.

Yet somehow, he’d be a significant upgrade to Pruitt.

One with aspirations to be a head coach again, this time next season, would. Don’t be surprised to see Marrone and Steele on this staff next season, with both lobbying for Pruitts job next year.
It appears that Phil is trying to surround himself with “his guys,” if all of these rumors are true. Tee, Graham, Marrone, Steele, Garner...
GBO!!
Marrone ain't coming to Knoxville to work under Pruitt unless there's an understanding of immediate progression to HC unless there's a likelihood Pruitt's gone within a year

Of realistic choices Doug Marrone is not bad at all. He ain’t the flavor of the month but he for sure is a solid coach who did a great job at Syracuse. He could manage the program and attract a top rate staff.

Reactions: DougAtkins91
GBO!!
Look at it this way say Fulmer is doing this he is putting his guys in place okay sanction drop, Pruitt is out, and with the sanction Fulmer talks to the NCAA and says I have taking care of the people involved and I am taking charge gets a slap on the wrist and he takes over. Now here is the situation as it has been said with next years schedule he could very easy game mange his way into a 9 win season.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Whats all this triple option talk with Chadwell. Ive seen two Coastal games this year and NEITHER game was "triple option." Zone read, sure. Triple option? I haven't seen it.

Reactions: sonofUT62 and tnktm
If he is hired, his OC better be super familiar with modern West Coast Offense and he must leave him alone to ratchet up points.

Doubt very seriously it's true.

Whats all this triple option talk with Chadwell. Ive seen two Coastal games this year and NEITHER game was "triple option." Zone read, sure. Triple option? I haven't seen it.

Don't know. I saw a nice Single Wing/Pistol hybrid set that absolutely killed BYU. That was impressive because BYU had advantages in depth and size that Chadwell was able to offset using an offense taking the full measure of his advantages in speed and quickness.

So many guys out there who can at least get us back on our feet. And I know full well we will not be hiring any of them.

How bout Triple Zone Read. Must be cutting edge offense. 🤭

Look at it this way say Fulmer is doing this he is putting his guys in place okay sanction drop, Pruitt is out, and with the sanction Fulmer talks to the NCAA and says I have taking care of the people involved and I am taking charge gets a slap on the wrist and he takes over. Now here is the situation as it has been said with next years schedule he could very easy game mange his way into a 9 win season.
Easy 9 wins, I don’t know what team you’ve been watching but there’s no way this team wins 6 games next year with or without Pruitt

Reactions: Vato

VN Store

Back