Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, I have stopped criticizing any Vol fan’s opinion. Resilient bunch. You are entitled to whatever crazy thoughts you have.

I can’t for the life of me bring myself to wanting Lane Kiffin back. I blame him for this spiral. I cant forgive him and will never forget. I know “dream job”. His timing forced panic hire. That panic hire started chain reaction that brings us to today.

More power to y’all that can get past that. I can’t.
Lane is Faaaaar from the reason of our downfall. He definitely left us in a bind, I don't disagree there but to blame all of UTs downfall on him is absurd.

I have a feeling Fisher would be an absolute monster on the recruiting trail. Could potentially be a grand slam hire.
Moms would love Fisher. I think he would have to find the right staff but he could be successful. With the right offense he’d kill it because defense was rarely a problem with his teams.

Lane is Faaaaar from the reason of our downfall. He definitely left us in a bind, I don't disagree there but to blame all of UTs downfall on him is absurd.
Ok it was just 80% his fault. It really wasn’t that he left, it was when he left that was the problem. He didn’t leave the university a favor by putting them in a bad position. Looking back letting Kippy be the interim coach for a year would have been better than hiring Dooley.

I do think he damaged the Tennessee brand by doing the USC videos and pictures on campus.

Pruitt was a bridge hire. Bring him in, give him what he needs and, at least, he'll stabilize the program and build a roster for the next guy, they thought. Repeating a failed strategy probably isn't the way to go.

We don't need bridge hires. We need get it done guys.
Exactly what we thought, but have we ruined the possibility of that happening?

Reactions: Leeleesteeth
Disagree strongly. Being done in the NFL doesn't mean he couldn't kill it at UT.

We are a joke right now. Everyone wanted Gruden but not Fisher? Why?

age and college experience are disqualifications imo

Gruden was younger and much more recognizable name

Why this opinion, McGill? I agree with your comments about people turning on Fulmer and Pruitt but it's looking more and more like one or both won't be back.

What don't you like about the Fisher hire?
Same reason I hate the idea of Marrone or Gus.

Boring Boring Boring..

For months people have screaming on here about boring outdated uncreative offense, but we are going to hire a guy that will probably install another boring uncreative outdated offense..

I agree with people on that, we need someone that can put a great offense on the field, and put a relatively good defense out there too.

It doesn't matter what I think though, they will jerk around for another month and end up hiring another garbage bin hire...and on and on and on we go..😔

Ok it was just 80% his fault. It really wasn’t that he left, it was when he left that was the problem. He didn’t leave the university a favor by putting them in a bad position. Looking back letting Kippy be the interim coach for a year would have been better than hiring Dooley.

I do think he damaged the Tennessee brand by doing the USC videos and pictures on campus.
If it was all/mostly Lanes fault and nothing to do with our administration and big money people, we wouldn't have wollered in mediocrity/irrelevancy for over a decade. We would have rebounded and been fine.

Cancel culture is ridiculous. Can't apologize and move forward from a single incident of poor judgement anymore.
It still remains to be seen but NASCAR driver, Kyle Larson, who used the "N" word, on a hot mike, has been given a second chance with Hendrick Motorsport. It also doesn't hurt that he's a star in that sport and he's considered a minority from Japanese decent. I guess it just depends on your status in life.

Do you have any inside knowledge on what the hold up is? I know your prob getting that a lot but the longer this drags out the more transfers are going to occur

They're going to let outside counsel finish fact-gathering and hear the recommendation. Not really inside info-- that's how it works when you bring in an outside firm. They're thorough and follow up on everything.

Other than catching lighting in a bottle with Napier or Chadwell, I don’t think anyone on a realistic list will get us to “win anything of significance.”

JMO.
Freeze would if we weren't too stupid. So yeah, I'd rather hire Napier or take a chance on Fisher who knows how to be a CEO of a program than to hire Gus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back